A Lego Movie sequel will find its way to cinemas in 2017, Warner Bros has confirmed.
Phil Lord and Christopher Miller’s The Lego Movie has racked up $275 million worldwide in under three weeks on release.
The film has a hugely impressive 96% “fresh” rating on the review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes, indicating almost universal acclaim.
A Lego Movie sequel will find its way to cinemas in 2017
Little is known about the planned sequel other than a release date: May 26, 2017. There is no word as to whether Phil Lord and Christopher Miller will return for the second film, nor whether voice talent such as Chris Pratt, Elizabeth Banks, Morgan Freeman, Liam Neeson, Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill have signed up for another outing.
According to the Hollywood Reporter, a Lego Ninjago movie, based on the Danish company’s popular Japanese-themed line, could be first into cinemas.
Latest reports do not confirm whether The Lego Movie sequel will be a straight follow-up, or a Ninjago spin-off.
[youtube fZ_JOBCLF-I 650]
James Spader has been cast as the villain Ultron in the second Avengers movie.
Avengers: Age of Ultron will see the Marvel Comics superhero team battle a rebellious artificial intelligence which creates an android to attack them.
James Spader has been cast as the villain Ultron in the second Avengers movie
The sequel will be released in May 2015.
Joss Whedon returns as director for the sequel and Robert Downey Jr. and Mark Ruffalo will reprise their roles as Iron Man and The Hulk.
The first Avengers film was a huge global hit last year, taking more than a billion dollars at the box office.
It also starred Chris Hemsworth as Thor, Chris Evans as Captain America and Scarlett Johansson as the Black Widow.
James Spader has won three Emmy awards for his role as attorney Alan Shore, who appeared in both Boston Legal and The Practice.
James Spader has also starred in the American Office and last year’s Oscar-winning film Lincoln.
Kim Dotcom, Megaupload founder, has set up a new cloud storage and file-sharing site.
Mega, a web-based service that lets people upload and store files of any kind, is a sequel to the Megaupload system that was shut down last January.
Police raids on the offices and home of Kim Dotcom led to the closure of Megaupload.
The Mega site went online at dawn on Sunday, with Kim Dotcom due to hold a gala at his New Zealand mansion later.
Kim Dotcom has said the new site complies with the law and warned that attempts to take it down would be futile.
“This is not some kind of finger to the US government or to Hollywood,” Kim Dotcom told Reuters on Saturday.
“Legally, there’s just nothing there that could be used to shut us down. This site is just as legitimate and has the right to exist as Dropbox, Boxnet and other competitors.”
Mega, a web-based service that lets people upload and store files of any kind, is a sequel to the Megaupload system that was shut down last January
Hours after the site was launched, Kim Dotcom tweeted that it had received 250,000 user registrations, although limited server capacity meant Mega was unreachable to many.
In a series of earlier tweets Kim Dotcom said every customer would have 50 gigabytes of free storage – far more than is offered by rival services such as Dropbox or Microsoft’s SkyDrive.
Mega will be encrypted so only those who upload data have access to it.
Data is also being held in the cloud to make it easy for users to get and share files.
The 2012 raids on Megaupload were carried out because, said US law enforcement, many users of Megaupload were engaged in pirating content and illegally sharing it.
They accused Kim Dotcom and other managers at Megaupload of profiting from piracy.
KIm Dotcom has rebuffed the accusations and is fighting a legal battle to stay in New Zealand from where he ran Megaupload.
A hearing on whether he is can be extradited to the US is due to be held in March.
The case has generated controversy in New Zealand over the way the police and intelligence services gathered evidence before the raid and won an apology to Kim Dotcom from the country’s prime minister.
KIm Dotcom has also won support from prominent computer pioneers such as Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak.
The raid on Megaupload put 25 petabytes of data uploaded to it by its 50 million members into a legal limbo.
In one message, Kim Dotcom said he was working with lawyers and the Electronic Frontier Foundation, which campaigns on digital rights issues, to get access to that seized data and return it to users.
A sequel to Waiting to Exhale, Whitney Houston’s 1995 hit, may be in the works, despite the star’s death.
Based on a Terry McMillan novel, the movie starred Whitney Houston, Angela Bassett, Lela Rochon and Loretta Devine as four girlfriends dealing with bad relationships.
Before her death, Whitney Houston had completed her first film since the 1996 holiday comedy The Preacher’s Wife. Her last movie, called Sparkle, is a remake of a 1976 film about a girl group, and also stars Jordin Sparks.
There was talk of Whitney Houston continuing her transition back to film with a Waiting to Exhale sequel, but in the event of her drug-related death, all possible plans were halted.
A sequel to Waiting to Exhale, Whitney Houston's 1995 hit, may be in the works, despite the star's death
However, in a recent interview with Good Day LA, co-star Loretta Devine said that development may continue without Whitney Houston, adding: “Now the focus would be a tribute to her, which would be wonderful. We don’t know if they’re going to try to introduce a new character or pull her character out all together.
“So it’s a lot of rewrites that they’ll have to go through, so I don’t know if it’s going to happen as soon as we thought it would happen.”
There has been talk of a remake of another Whitney Houston movie, the highly successful thriller The Bodyguard. Singer Rihanna has ruled out a role in the film, though she has expressed interest in playing Whitney Houston in a possible biopic.