Sylvester Stallone has spoken out for the first time about his son’s death calling it a “horrible situation”.
Sylvester Stallone, 65, said he was “hanging in there” as he comes to terms with the death of his son Sage from a suspected drugs overdose.
Sage Stallone, 36, was found dead at his Los Angeles home last month.
A cause of death has not been determined but authorities believe the film producer died from a drugs overdose.
Sylvester Stallone has spoken out for the first time about his son's death calling it a “horrible situation”
Sylvester Stallone said of his son’s death: “It’s tough it’s very, very, tough.”
“But if you have good friends and your family’s support, it’s just something that’s a horrible situation but … hopefully it will heal and you try to get through it but it’s something that is a reality in life.”
Speaking on Good Morning America, Sylvester Stallone said he had been helped in his grief by family and friends.
He also said being involved with promoting his latest film Expendables 2 had helped.
“It’s important to get back and try to start reliving your life, otherwise you can go into a spiral,” he said.
Sage Stallone appeared with his father in the Rock V movie in 1990 and had been working as a producer at the time of his death on July 13th.
His mother claimed that her son had undergone extensive dental treatment in the week before his death when he had five teeth extracted.
She believed that he might have taken too many painkillers causing the accidental overdose.
After his son’s private funeral Sylvester Stallone took his family on a holiday to the Mediterranean on a hired yacht.
With co-stars Arnold Schwarzenegger and Jason Statham he has been promoting The Expendables 2.
Edd Filiti, Sylvester Stallone’s nephew, has blasted the actor, accusing him of being to blame as he continually neglected his son Sage who was found dead at his Hollywood Hills home on Friday from an apparent overdose.
Edd Filiti, 18, made the claims on his Facebook page, though the messages have since been removed.
In a posting where Edd Filiti slammed Sylvester Stallone’s current wife Jennifer Flavin, he also said the actor had cut Sage out of his life, devastating the aspiring filmmaker.
When Sage Stallone called his father on July 6 to wish him happy birthday, the Hollywood star apparently didn’t pick up and didn’t call him back.
“What did he do wrong, say happy birthday?” Edd Filiti wrote.
“Neither you [Sylvester Stallone’s wife Jennifer Flavin] or he could return a phone call, which is all he wanted, his father.
“I know you don’t care what happened, but you’ll care when you’re squirming under the burning magnifying glass of public opinion. You people make me f****** sick.”
Sage Stallone was found dead at his Hollywood Hills home on Friday from an apparent overdose
Edd Filiti, who is the son of Sylvester Stallone’s half-sister Toni Ann, also went on to make a withering attack to 43-year-old former model, who married the Rocky favorite in 1997.
He said: “Jennifer Flavin, you won. You tore this family apart and got your trophy, Congrats!
“Like you told my family, <<I’m Sly’s family now, he doesn’t [need] you anymore. Lets see how much he needs you after this.”
Edd Filiti later decided to remove the comments from his Facebook page, telling the New York Post that he regretted sharing his feelings.
“I made a mistake. It is a very emotional time and I vented my feelings,” he explained.
“I was feeling raw and emotional and I never meant for my feeling to become public.
“I took the post down minutes later. I never meant to insult my uncle. I have my own issues with him, but that should never be said on Facebook. I want to recant my words.”
Sage Stallone’s mother, Sasha Czack, split with Stallone in 1985 after 11 years of marriage.
According to reports Sasha Czack got a $12 million divorce settlement from the filmmaker.
A source said: “Sasha has been inconsolable. She’s totally devastated. Her children are her life.”
Meanwhile it has emerged officers investigating the death want to talk to several doctors that prescribed him medications.
It follows reports that Los Angeles Police Department Robbery and Homicide division has taken over the case.
A source told RadarOnline: “Detectives from the LAPD are in the process of going through evidence recovered from Sage’s house and will be contacting the doctors that prescribed the medications found there.
“There was more than one doctor that Sage was seeing in the days leading up to his death.
“Cops want to establish a timeline of events leading up to Sage’s death and they want to know what his medical history was.”
While prescription bottles were found at the scene, no suicide not was found and it is believed his death was accidental.
On Sunday night, Sylvester Stallone, 66, issued a statement asking “people to respect my talented son’s memory and feel compassion for his loving mother Sasha,” and for the media to stop “the speculation and questionable reporting”.
The actor added: “When a parent loses a child there is no greater pain. This agonizing loss will be felt for the rest of our lives.
“Sage was our first child and the center of our universe and I am humbly begging for all to have my son’s memory and soul left in peace.”
An autopsy and a toxicology test were completed Sunday, but the results of the latter will not be released for weeks.
Meanwhile a photographer who did a feature on Sage Stallone in May said he was not surprised about the death, though he said the young filmmaker was far from suicidal.
Girls and Corpses snapper Mark Berry told RadarOnline: “I saw nothing to suggest that he was in a suicidal mood. He was telling me about how he wanted to shoot a film, he seemed hopeful for the future and making work plans.
“My impression was that he was a very talented character who seemed under the influence of a pharmaceutical medication, he wasn’t a wreck but he was just a little spaced out.
“I wasn’t entirely shocked when I heard [of his death], my initial thought was that he had an accidental overdose, or that his body just packed up.”
Sage Stallone’s body laid undiscovered for at least three to four days before being found Friday in his Los Angeles home, according to new reports.
Coroner’s officials are still investigating the death of Sage Stallone who is understood to have overdosed on prescription pills found at the scene.
According to TMZ, the 36-year-old filmmaker “lived like Howard Hughes” in a room “littered with junk” – and his body could have laid cold for as long as a week.
A source told TMZ Sage Stallone was living like a recluse at his Studio City home, and had not spoken to his family for a week before his body was discovered.
Sage Stallone’s body laid undiscovered for at least three to four days before being found Friday in his Los Angeles home
A housekeeper who is believed to have been at the residence earlier in the week was reported to have been instructed never to enter his room, which a law enforcement source described as “disgusting” and foul-smelling.
Sage Stallone’s mother, Sasha Czack, is said to have called the housekeeper on Friday to check on him after she was unable to reach her son. That is when the body was discovered, according to TMZ.
A friend of Sage Stallone has meanwhile disputed reports Sylvester Stallone’ son committed suicide, saying he was “healthy and upbeat” just two weeks before his sudden death.
As coroner’s officials investigate if the death was accidental, a friend of the young filmmaker says he is baffled by the news because he “never knew him to do drugs”.
The friend, who was not identified by RadarOnline, told the website: “I saw him two weeks ago and he seemed great. He was healthy and upbeat and didn’t seem depressed at all.
“I never knew him to do drugs, not even weed, so for him to die from an overdose is kind of shocking to me. I am totally stunned.”
RadarOnline reports an autopsy will be performed as early as Sunday, however, toxicology tests will be needed to determine cause of death.
The results of such tests could take weeks.
Sylvester Stallone on Friday said he is “devastated” and “grief-stricken” over the death of his son.
A source told Radar that medics arrived on the scene at 3:05 p.m. Friday afternoon and spent around 25 minutes trying to revive Sage Stallone before his death was pronounced at the scene.