Former Chicago Bears defensive end Ray McDonald has been arrested for the second time this week.
He was arrested on May 27 for violating a restraining order by being at a residence in Santa Clara, the Santa Clara Police Department said.
The restraining order was issued after a domestic violence incident on May 25 in Santa Clara in which Ray McDonald allegedly broke down a bedroom door to get to his former fiancée and their infant.
Ray McDonald, 30, was arrested on suspicion of domestic violence and child endangerment, but was free on bail. The Chicago Bears released the lineman hours after that arrest.
On May 27, Santa Clara detectives found Ray McDonald at a Togo’s Sandwiches in Santa Clara, where they arrested him without incident. He was booked into Santa Clara County Jail on $5,000 bail.
Ray McDonald’s attorney, Steve DeFilippis, told the San Jose Mercury News that neither he nor his client had been notified about the restraining order.
Steve DeFilippis told the newspaper McDonald had gone to the residence on May 27 to meet with a defense investigator, who had spoken to the woman who lived there. She told him she would not be home.
The 49ers released Ray McDonald in December citing a “pattern of poor decision-making”.
That move came just a month after Santa Clara County prosecutors declined to file charges against Ray McDonald in a separate domestic violence investigation stemming from an arrest on August 31, 2014, while celebrating his 30th birthday at his home. Prosecutors cited conflicting versions of what happened, a lack of verifiable eyewitnesses and a lack of cooperation by the alleged victim, Ray McDonald’s fiancée, in explaining their decision.
Miley Cyrus has been granted with a temporary restraining order against Devon Meek, the Arizona man who was recently detained by police while trying to meet the star.
Miley Cyrus has been granted with a temporary restraining order against Devon Meek (photo People)
A Los Angeles judge granted Miley Cyrus the order against 24-year-old Devon Meek on Friday. Miley Cyrus’ court filing states that the Sierra Vista man believes the singer is communicating to him through her songs.
According to the documents, Los Angeles police took Devon Meek into custody on May 16 and he was placed under a psychiatric hold. The docs say Devon Meek was arrested outside a property he believed is owned by Miley Cyrus, but the documents don’t specify the location.
A police detective wrote in a sworn statement that Devon Meek told officers they should shoot him in the head if he couldn’t meet Miley Cyrus.
Images of Gabriel Aubry’s injuries following his brawl with Halle Berry’s new boyfriend, Olivier Martinez, have been released.
Gabriel Aubry, 36, can be seen displaying an extremely painful-looking and swollen black eye, along with cuts under his left eye and on his forehead and the bridge of his nose.
The model, who also has bloodied fingernails as a result of the fight, and has claimed Olivier Martinez threatened to kill him.
It doesn’t look like anything is set to simmer down between the pair, as Halle Berry’s ex-boyfriend has now obtained a restraining order against her fiancé following the Thanksgiving incident.
Gabriel Aubry was hospitalized with broken ribs and a bruised and swollen face following the fight, before he was charged with battery.
The model obtained the emergency protective order at a Los Angeles county court on Monday, according to TMZ. Documents reveal the order is valid until December 17.
Gabriel Aubry claimed in his declaration that the day before Thanksgiving, the family went to watch Nahla’s school play, and Olivier Martinez whispered in his ear in French: “I wish I could beat the s*** out of you right now.
“You’re lucky we’re in a school right now. We’re going to take Nahla right now and you’re not going to follow us.”
The next day Gabriel Aubry allegedly dropped Nahla off at Halle Berry’s and her door was opened by Olivier Martinez – even though a nanny usually acts as a go-between.
Gabriel Aubry claims Olivier Martinez said: “We need to talk,” and as he walked to his car, Martinez allegedly knocked him to the ground, took his head in his hand and slammed it on the concrete driveway, while accusing Aubry of “costing us $3 million” due to the custody battle.
The model goes on to claim that Olivier Martinez allegedly said: “We called the cops. You’re going to tell them that you’re the one who attacked me, or I’m going to kill you.”
He is hoping to prove his innocence with the help of CCTV footage, and said: “I told the officers that [Olivier Martinez] was the one who attacked me, and repeatedly told them to get the security tapes from Ms. Berry’s security cameras before she and Mr. Martinez deleted them.”
Gabriel Aubry has already been slapped with a restraining order of his own, meaning he has to stay 100 yards away from Olivier Martinez, Halle Berry, and his daughter with Berry, Nahla.
Gabriel Aubry displays painful-looking and swollen black eye, along with cuts under his left eye and on his forehead and the bridge of his nose following brawl with Olivier Martinez
Meanwhile Halle Berry and Olivier Martinez were seen arriving home together after visiting their lawyers, and were also paid a visit by detectives. Earlier on Olivier Martinez had visited a hospital, displaying grazes on his knuckles.
It has been reported that Halle Berry’s lawyers will go to court this week in an attempt to have it extended.
In addition, it has been claimed that Gabriel Aubry could be deported back to his native Canada as a result of the fight.
A source toldRadar Online: “Not only is Gabe dealing with the possibility of losing shared custody of his daughter, Nahla, and possible criminal charges, but the real possibility of being deported back to Canada because of the arrest.
“Gabe is in the United States on a work visa and anytime someone is arrested on child abuse, domestic violence, assault or battery charges the Immigration and Naturalization Services is contacted by law enforcement.”
The source explained: “During the time Gabe was being held at the police station he was asked if he was a United States citizen, and he said no. This is what triggered INS being contacted. It’s not a given that Gabe will be automatically deported, but it’s a very real possibility. He doesn’t need to be convicted in order to be deported, the arrest is enough to terminate his visa.”
The altercation came after a judge ruled that the star is not allowed to move 4-year-old Nahla to France, where she was hoping to uproot to in order to live with French actor Olivier Martinez.
And now Radar Online claims that the Los Angeles County Department of Child Protection services will be formally re-opening an abuse investigation involving Nahla.
A source told the website: “Detectives from the LAPD formally contacted CPS after Gabe’s arrest, because Nahla was present when the fight occurred.
“Nahla wasn’t actually involved in the melee, and by all accounts, Halle whisked her out of the driveway as soon as the fight between Olivier and Gabe started. However, DCFS was contacted because there has been a history of allegations of physical abuse.
“Social workers will be interviewing Halle, Gabriel and Olivier about what happened on Thanksgiving. DCFS must ensure that Nahla’s environment is safe.”
The day before the drama appeared to be getting to Halle Berry as she looked downcast as she emerged from her Los Angeles home.
Halle Berry has been attempting to keep her daughter distracted following the incident and took her to a children’s show on Friday.
Demi Moore’s girls, Rumer, Scout and Tallulah, are believed to be at “breaking point” with their mother and “considering a restraining order”, as she “incessantly” tries to contact them following the breakdown of her marriage to Ashton Kutcher.
A source told RadarOnline: “Rumer, Scout and Tallulah are seriously considering taking out a restraining order against Demi to stop her from contacting them.
“They made it clear to her weeks ago that they do not want to talk to her right now but she is still trying to contact them.”
The insider also revealed: “Demi has been calling them incessantly and emailing them, leaving them tearful messages and begging them to call her and the girls are sick of it.”
While it was stressed that this “drastic measure” is a last resort, it is said that the trio “just feel like they want some peace and quiet”.
However, a legal expert explained: “You can’t get a restraining order against your mum when she’s trying to call you. If that were the case, many, many more people would all be in court.”
Demi Moore was spotted showing the strain of the family drama on the set of her new movie Very Good Girls in Brooklyn
Earlier this month it was reported that Demi Moore was left “devastated” that her daughters, whom she had during her second marriage to Bruce Willis, had cut contact with her.
Demi Moore, 49, has unarguably had a very difficult year, following her split from Ashton Kutcher after claims of his infidelity and a stint in rehab for “eating disorder and addiction issues”.
The actress was spotted showing the strain of the family drama on the set of her new movie Very Good Girls in Brooklyn, New York, last week after it was stated the girls have “broken all ties”.
Demi Moore put her head to her hands and appeared deep in her own thoughts as she took a break in between takes for the film, which also stars Dakota Fanning and Elizabeth Olsen.
It was reported at the beginning of July that Rumer, 23, Scout, 20 and Tallulah, 18, told their mother they “need a little distance”, after sticking by her side through the split and supporting her in rehab.
Apart from Tallulah’s graduation ceremony in mid-June, Demi Moore has not been seen out with her daughters much in recent months.
However, it was Demi Moore’s behavior at this graduation ceremony which proved the most infuriating for her daughters, according to Us Weekly.
The publication reported that Demi Moore “didn’t speak to the girls” and was apparently infuriated by the fact her children spent most of their time with father Bruce Willis, and looked happier with him.
A source told Us Weekly: “The girls are just tired of walking on eggshells around Demi.”
Motorola Mobility has been granted an injunction against the distribution of key Microsoft products, Xbox 360 games console, Windows 7 system software, Internet Explorer and Windows Media Player, in Germany.
The court’s decision follows a ruling that Microsoft had infringed two patents necessary to offer H.264 video coding and playback.
A US court has banned Motorola from enforcing the action until it considers the matter next week.
The handset maker is in the process of being taken over by Google.
This is just one of several cases involving about 50 intellectual properties that the smartphone maker has claimed that Microsoft should have licensed.
Motorola Mobility has been granted an injunction against the distribution of Xbox 360 games console in Germany
Microsoft has said that if it met all of Motorola’s demands it would face an annual bill of $4 billion. Motorola disputes the figure.
A statement from Motorola said: “We are pleased that the Mannheim Court found that Microsoft products infringe Motorola Mobility’s intellectual property. As a path forward, we remain open to resolving this matter. Fair compensation is all that we have been seeking for our intellectual property.”
Microsoft said it planned to appeal the German ruling.
“This is one step in a long process, and we are confident that Motorola will eventually be held to its promise to make its standard essential patents available on fair and reasonable terms for the benefit of consumers who enjoy video on the web,” a spokesman said.
“Motorola is prohibited from acting on today’s decision, and our business in Germany will continue as usual while we appeal this decision and pursue the fundamental issue of Motorola’s broken promise.”
Microsoft moved its European software distribution centre from Germany to the Netherlands last month ahead of the verdict to minimize potential disruption.
However, Motorola cannot enforce the ruling until a Seattle-based judge lifts a restraining order.
The restriction was put in place after Microsoft claimed that Motorola was abusing its Frand-commitments – a promise to license innovations deemed critical to widely-used technologies under “fair, reasonable and non-discriminatory” terms.
A hearing is scheduled for 7 May, although the judge may issue his ruling at a later date.
The German case is also likely to be considered by the European Commission.
It is carrying out two probes into whether Motorola’s Frand-type patent activities amount to “an abuse of a dominant market position”.
Lawyers portrayed Amy Pinto-Walsh, painter Thomas Kinkade’s girlfriend, as a ruthless gold digger who is out to “tear down” the late artist’s reputation and do irreparable damage to his family, in a restraining order granted by a judge yesterday.
The order against Amy Pinto-Walsh claimed she broke a confidentiality agreement by talking to reporters the morning Thomas Kinkade was found dead and threatened to reveal his business and personal secrets.
Thomas Kinkade’s bodyguard, Dean Baker, – who drove him around after he was caught drink driving – said the family had reason to fear Amy Pinto-Walsh because she was prone to “impulsive and erratic” behavior and once threatened to “tear Mr. Kinkade down”.
Dean Baker was quitted in court documents and said he was witness to her behavior when he accompanied them on numerous vacations.
“On one occasion Pinto-Walsh made a threat to Mr. Kinkade along the lines of “I will tear you down. I would expect Pinto-Walsh to disclose confidential information,” Dean Baker said in his declaration filed on April 8.
The order against Amy Pinto-Walsh claimed she broke a confidentiality agreement by talking to reporters the morning Thomas Kinkade was found dead and threatened to reveal his business and personal secrets
A close friend of the family and godmother to the Kinkade children, Linda Raasch, left a similar declaration saying she was concerned about amy Pinto-Walsh’s motives, according to the Mercury News.
Linda Raasch said: “I told her releasing private and confidential documents would cause great emotional distress. But she was unmoved by my entreaties.”
However, the artist’s brother, Patrick Kinkade, said Amy Pinto-Walsh was a “good and sweet person” and was surprised at the restraining order.
Patrick Kinkade told the Mercury News: “Amy was Thom’s girlfriend. They enjoyed each other immensely. She’s a good person, a sweet person. She cared about Thom.”
The request for the restraining order said: “This threat is not just a mean-spirited act of betrayal, but a calculated attempt to garner money and fame at the expense of the grieving Kinkade family, including his wife and four daughters.”
Though the painter had separated from his wife, Nanette Kinkade, about two years ago, their divorce was not finalized when he died three weeks ago of what is believed to have been natural causes.
Thomas Kinkade was said to have been planning on marrying Amy Pinto-Walsh as soon as the divorce was finalized. They had been dating for 18 months.
“Amy was already part of his circle of friends and that really enraged Nanette,” an unnamed source told Radar Online.
“Nanette was furious and humiliated that he not only cheated on her, but moved on so quickly and publicly with her.”
Nanette Kinkade didn’t make any attempt to hide her frustration either, as she filed a restraining order against artist’s mistress shortly after his death, wanting to stop her from breaching a confidentiality agreement she signed more than a year ago.
Thomas Kinkade’s estranged wife fears Amy Pinto-Walsh will attempt to sell her story and could release private family photographs.
Thomas Kinkade, the so-called Painter of Light, was one of the most successful artists in the U.S., but he struggled with alcoholism before his death at the age of 54, and split from his wife Nanette in 2010.
Nanette Kinkade, the ex-wife of Thomas Kinkade, the successful Painter of Light who died earlier this month, has filed a restraining order against his live-in girlfriend.
Thomas Kinkade’s family wants to stop Amy Pinto-Walsh from breaching a confidentiality agreement she signed more than a year ago.
Nanette Kinkade fears Amy Pinto-Walsh will attempt to sell her story and could release private family photographs.
Thomas Kinkade was one of the most successful artists in the US, but he struggled with alcoholism before his death at the age of 54, and split from his wife Nanette in 2010.
Thomas Kinkade was one of the most successful artists in the US, but he struggled with alcoholism before his death at the age of 54, and split from his wife Nanette in 2010
The so-called Painter of Light used to estimate that around one out of every 20 homes in America.
Thomas Kinkade’s estate – of which Nanette Kinkade is the principal trustee – has filed documents with a Santa Clara court seeking an injunction against Amy Pinto-Walsh, according to Los Gatos Patch.
The attorneys argue that the painter’s mistress, who is still living in his mansion in Monte Sereno, California, is planning to disclose information which would breach a confidentiality agreement signed in February 2011.
The restraining order would ban Amy Pinto-Walsh from saying or doing anything which would make Thomas Kinkade, his ex-wife or his business “appear in a negative light or false light”.
Amy Pinto-Walsh would also be prevented from writing or contributing to any sort of book, article or other publication about the late artist.
In particular, the lawsuit seeks to stop Amy Pinto-Walsh divulging personal information which she found out “as a personal assistant and companion to Thomas Kinkade”.
Thomas Kinkade’s family, his ex-wife Nanette (right) and their four daughters
While it is not clear what exactly prompted the legal battle, the suit alleges that Amy Pinto-Walsh told a family friend that she intended to sell the story of her relationship with Thomas Kinkade and release unseen photographs of the painter.
The suit continues: “The release of these items would be personally devastating not only for Mrs. Kinkade, but also for the family’s four daughters, who are grieving the sudden loss of their father.”
The family also fears that Amy Pinto-Walsh could jeopardize Thomas Kinkade’s business empire, which relied on the production of prints and reproductions as much as original paintings.
They say Amy Pinto-Walsh had access to “trade secrets” such as the artist’s painting techniques and computer programmes, and could try to sell them on to others.
Amy Pinto-Walsh, who had been in a relationship with Thomas Kinkade for 18 months before his death, told Los Gatos Patch at the time that the painter “had a heart condition”.
Nanette Kinkade’s lawsuit cites this revelation of a “non-public health condition” as one breach of Amy Pinto-Walsh’s confidentiality agreement.
The suit also says that Thomas Kinkade died on the night of April 5, which contradicts previous reports that he was found dead the next morning.
While Thomas Kinkade was phenomenally successful and extremely wealthy, he apparently suffered from a drinking problem throughout much of his life, and in June 2010 was arrested for DUI.
Thomas Kinkade was also saddened by constant attacks on the quality of his work by art critics, and devastated by his divorce from Nanette.