Lindsay Lohan is reportedly negotiating a $2 million deal for reality TV series on Oprah Winfrey’s network.
Lindsay Lohan, 27, has allegedly been negotiating the lucrative deal for the past four months, managing to wrangle the huge sum for spilling her secrets in an eight-part documentary for Oprah Winfrey’s OWN.
According to TMZ.com, when Lindsay Lohan films the TV specials – after she completes her court ordered 90-day stint in rehab next month – she will be given two assistants to wait on her hand and foot as well as a personal stylist to ensure she looks her best on set.
The series will focus on Lindsay Lohan’s past struggles with addictions and fame, as well as her film career and her hopes for the future.
Lindsay Lohan is said to have signed the deal with Oprah Winfrey at the Betty Ford Clinic last month – from which she has subsequently been transferring from – even before she was properly on the road to recovery.
Lindsay Lohan negotiates $2 million deal for docu-series on Oprah Winfrey’s network
Her mother, Dina Lohan, is thrilled her daughter is set to follow in the footsteps of Lance Armstrong and Rihanna by being given a chance to tell Oprah Winfrey her story.
Dina Lohan recently gushed: “Oh, it’s fantastic. If anyone is going to help mentor you, it’s going to be Oprah.”
Oprah Winfrey’s network announced the news on Friday that it would be airing an eight party reality series after Lindsay Lohan emerges from court enforced rehab.
In an attempt to distance the program from the negative connections connected to reality television, OWN have dubbed the eight-part television event a docu-series.
Entertainment Weekly revealed that the cable channel had not only secured the rights to the first interview with Lindsay Lohan after she finishes her 90-day stint at the Ciffside centre in Malibu, California, but the likely to be highly anticipated series as well.
A spokesperson for Oprah Winfrey’s network told Entertainment Weekly: “OWN will air an exclusive interview with Oprah and Lindsay Lohan that will tape and air in August.”
Lindsay Lohan’s fans will have to wait a lot longer for the docu-series, with the spokesperson confirming it will not air until 2014.
However, those expecting an inside view of the shambles the star’s life has become since her multiple arrests may be disappointed.
The eight-part series is sold as more of an inspirational show than a side show, described as following “the actress as she works to rebuild her career and stay healthy”.
Lindsay Lohan, who turned 27 last week, is set for release from rehab on July 31.
Exes Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony arrived holding hands at an event promoting their joint new reality television programme, Q’Viva: The Chosen, at a TCA breakfast in Pasadena, California.
Jennifer Lopez told reporters at the television conference that she and Marc ‘have a great time working together”.
Although they seemed to have bad blood after announcing their split last summer, Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony have been looking mighty cosy lately while promoting their show.
Even today they couldn’t resist mugging for the cameras with their arms around one another.
Marc Anthony also reached down to chivalrously to offer Jennifer Lopez his hand to climb three stairs onto the stage, where they sat side by side in director’s chairs.
He later admired the many glittering rings on her fingers.
Exes Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony arrived holding hands at an event promoting their joint new reality television programme
Jennifer Lopez, 42, and Marc Anthony, 43, looked more than friendly in the trailer for their new Univision series, which explores discovering the world’s most talented Latin American performers.
Their behaviour today took the cake in terms of playing nicely, as most exes don’t hold hands unless they’re trying to send a message of togetherness.
Jennifer Lopez looked lovely in a blue leather dress that made the most of her fabulous curves.
She appeared to be glowing in bronze-toned makeup and bright, cherry coloured gloss on her lips.
Marc Anthony looked cool in a military-style jacket over a crisp white shirt and blue jeans as they made their way into the Langham Huntington Hotel and Spa.
Although they may have looked nice, Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony were not beloved by reporters after showing up fifteen minutes before the panel was set to end.
They caused an outrage amongst critics after refusing to answer questions.
When the audience members started to attack, Marc Anthony said: “This is a tough crowd. It’s too early for this.”
At least he and Jennifer Lopez seemed to be making a united front, especially given the recent claims that Marc wanted his make J.Lo “suffer” because of her relationship with toyboy lover Casper Smart.
According to a report that surfaced last year from Us Weekly, their relationship was getting “seriously ugly”.
Meanwhile another recent report has emerged claiming that Jennifer Lopez has been paying 24-year-old backup dancer Casper Smart a whopping $10,000 a week.
“Jen is taking extra special care of Casper,” a source told Star magazine.
“She hated having to whip out her credit card every time they go to dinner. And it bummed her out that Casper had to borrow money from her to buy Christmas presents, including hers.”
The insider explained: “So Jen figured it’s easier to give Casper a weekly stipend, and she thought $10K was a nice round number.”
The payouts will have a big impact on Casper Smart, who go-go dances at L.A. club Boulevard3 for a mere $250 a night.
The magazine also claims that Marc Anthony is not happy with this financial decision.
“Marc is livid that Jennifer is throwing money away on this punk!” the source revealed.
“He feels she shouldn’t be spending it on Casper. The kids are one thing – but her boy toy is a whole other ball of wax!”
If Marc Antony is upset about J Lo’s younger lover, he shouldn’t be: he is also dating a 24-year-old, model Shannon De Lima.