Home Tags Posts tagged with "Janet Jackson"
Janet Jackson has appeared in public after months of laying low.
She was spotted shoe shopping at Giuseppe Zanottii in Milan on February 11.
The singer, who announced in February 2013 that she had married Wissam Al Mana, a billionaire from Qatar, has stayed out of the public eye for the better part of the past few years.
Janet Jackson attended the Vogue Fashion Dubai Experience on October 31, 2014, according to Us Weekly, marking her first public appearance since May 2013.
Janet Jackson has reportedly become engaged to Qatari billionaire Wissam Al Mana, whom she’s been dating since 2010.
Wissam Al Mana, 37, “gave her a huge, expensive ring” and Janet Jackson, 46, is so afraid it will get lost, “she keeps it locked up”, according to Us Weekly.
Wissam Al Mana is the managing director of Al Mana Retail, which represents A/X Armani Exchange, and he’s a shareholder in the Saks Fifth Avenue.
Janet Jackson’s wealthy beau plans on sparing no expense for their spring nuptials in Qatar, and “he is flying in all of Janet’s friends and family on private jets”.
One source said that the pair’s ceremony will undoubtedly be “a circus”, and Wissam Al Mana plans to hire a “top chef to create a custom menu”.
Janet jackson, who’s almost a decade older than her Middle Eastern man, wants to start a family as soon as possible.
“If she can’t have them, she will adopt,” said a Janet Jackson insider.
Janet Jackson has reportedly become engaged to Qatari billionaire Wissam Al Mana, whom she’s been dating since 2010
Janet Jackson was last seen with the luxury-brand mogul shopping in West Hollywood earlier this month, and in July the loved-up couple were spotted laughing on a yacht in Sardinia.
The singer, who’s net worth is estimated at $150 million, has been married twice before.
In 1985, Janet Jackson had her marriage to childhood friend and singer James DeBarge annulled after eloping only months earlier.
And in 1991, Janet Jackson secretly married dancer, songwriter, and director René Elizondo, Jr., but the longtime couple divorced in 2000.
Two years later, Janet Jackson began her on/off seven-year relationship with record producer Jermaine Dupri.
In the past, Janet Jackson was linked to actor Rob Lowe, Hollywood screenwriter Gary DeVore, rapper Q-Tip, actor Matthew McConaughey, and Boyz II Men’s Wanya Morris.
It has been revealed that Katherine Jackson does not want to see her children Janet, Randy and Rebbie anyway.
According to a source, Katherine Jackson is so upset with her children’s recent behavior she will not see them, even if it is at another location other than the Calabasas property they are banned from.
“For the time being, Janet, Rebbie, and Randy aren’t allowed at the home,” a source told Radaronline.
“The executors were asked to send a letter to Katherine’s children after the trio, plus Jermaine, descended onto the house while Katherine was in Tucson, Arizona unaware that her grandchildren had been trying to reach her, and an altercation ensued.
“Katherine is free to see Janet, Rebbie, or Randy, just not at that house.
“However Katherine has absolutely no desire to see them right now because she is just heartbroken that they betrayed her trust and didn’t tell her that Michael’s children had been trying to contact her,” added the source.
The insider says Katharine Jackson will forgive but she will most definitely not forget.
“[She will] never publicly say anything negative about her children, it’s just not who she is. However, she is just absolutely disappointed that Janet, Randy, Rebbie, and Jermaine would keep her in the dark like that.
“Jermaine has apologized, but Katherine can’t forget it,” the sourced added.
“Katherine recognizes that Randy was behind all of this, and wishes he would stop spouting off to the press about their family business. She isn’t having any contact with him especially right now.”
Katherine Jackson is so upset with her children's recent behavior she will not see them, even if it is at another location other than the Calabasas property they are banned from
Last week Janet Jackson broke her silence after weeks of highly-publicized disputes with her relatives over the validity of her late brother Michael’s will.
The singer, in a statement released on behalf of herself and siblings Randy and Rebbie Jackson, claimed the executors of Michael’s will were causing harm by damaging “fundamental family relationships”.
The statement, released through Janet Jackson’s attorney, Blair G Brown, also accused executors John Branca and John McClain of isolating matriarch Katherine Jackson “from anyone questioning the validity of Michael’s will”.
At the start of this month a judge named TJ Jackson, a cousin to Michael Jackson’s three minor children, as co-guardian with Katherine, who was named their sole caretaker in the disputed will.
Janet, Randy and Rebbie Jackson in the statement accused John Branca and John McClain of a “relentless” negative media campaign and said that they were barred from visiting their 82-year-old mother or Jackson’s children, Prince, 15, Paris, 14, and Blanket, 10.
“The effect of that notice not only is to damage fundamental family relationships, it is also to isolate Katherine Jackson from anyone questioning the validity of Michael’s will,” the statement read.
“Since the loss of Michael, Janet, Randy, and Rebbie‘s principal concern has been and continues to be for the safety and well-being of Michael‘s children, their mother Katherine Jackson, and the entire family.
“Unfortunately, those people have been harmed by the actions of the executors of Michael‘s estate, the estate’s lawyer, and those installed and paid to do their bidding,” it continued.
They said they would continue to contest Michael Jackson’s will because “the executors have never explained how Michael could have signed his will in California on a date that irrefutable evidence establishes that he was in New York”.
Representatives for executors John Branca and John McClain released a statement some weeks ago saying: “Any doubts about the validity of Michael’s will and his selection of Executors were thoroughly and completely debunked two years ago when a challenge was rejected by the Los Angeles County Superior Court, the California Court of Appeals and, finally, the California Supreme Court.”
Janet, Randy and Rebbie Jackson said that they will continue to contest Michael’s will, and added, “they stand nothing to gain financially by a finding that the will is invalid”.
“The individuals who have the most to lose by a finding that the will is invalid are, of course, the executors and those on the executors’ payroll.”
The siblings said they would “press forward in their search for the truth in order to carry out the wishes of their brother Michael”.
The Jackson siblings’ statement came days after their mother Katherine was stripped of her guardianship after she was reported missing by a family member following a sudden absence from the Calabasas home she shares with her late son’s children.
Katherine Jackson was determined to be staying at an Arizona resort while Prince and Paris made claims on Twitter they were barred from contacting their grandmother – leading to a driveway dispute between the siblings and their older relatives.
During bizarre scenes Randy, Janet and Jermaine Jackson apparently burst into the home, reportedly demanding that the children come with them to Arizona where their grandmother was staying. Police were called and “two male adults became violent”, according to police officers.
The dispute prompted Katherine Jackson to make a televised statement last week – with Janet, Jermaine, Rebbie, Rebbie’s daughter, and a manager of the resort where she was staying – to reassure the public she was fine.
However, in a court deposition released within days of that interview, she revealed she was unaware the children were trying to reach her, and that her mobile devices were taken during her time away, preventing her from contacting them.
Janet Jackson arrived at amFAR’s Cinema Against AIDS annual ball at Cannes in a stunning bright white Pucci by Peter Dundas gown that showed off her slim, toned frame.
Janet Jackson, 46, paired the show-stopping number with shoes by Giuseppe Zanotti and jewelry by Pomellato.
The singer has become a spokesperson for NutriSystem after her most recent successful attempt to battle the bulge.
Michael Jackson’s little sister is dedicated to helping others shed weight, as much for their health as anything else as she has admitted that she put her own in danger by being overweight.
Janet Jackson arrived at amFAR's Cinema Against AIDS annual ball at Cannes in a stunning bright white Pucci by Peter Dundas gown that showed off her slim, toned frame
Janet Jackson told Prevention magazine: “Health was always a concern. When I gained weight in 2005, my nutritionist was very worried. I was close to having diabetes.
“Even when I lost it and then gained quite a bit back, there was always the thought of heart disease.”
But Janet Jackson credits her trainer with helping her get motivated, she said: “I don’t like to work out, and I get bored easily. [Trainer] Tony Martinez is great. When I’m getting ready for a tour, I’ll work out with the dancers. He’ll put us in teams and we’ll do all sorts of drills and races.”
The singer adds: “I think people really connect with the idea of someone who’s gained and lost weight in a very public way, and also someone who’s an emotional eater.”
In the commercial, released last month, a newly-slim Janet Jackson said: “This is what success looks like.”
Back in 2006, Janet Jackson weighed 180 lbs before slimming down. However following the death of sibling Michael three years later, she began to pile on the pounds again.
Janet Jackson has championed the brand on Twitter, simply saying: “Nutrisystem works. #SUCCESS”
In her book, True You, release last year, Janet Jackson wrote: “For more than three decades, I’ve struggled with yo-yo dieting. Some of my battles with weight have been very public.
“But most of them have been internal. Even at my thinnest, when my body was being praised, I wasn’t happy with what I saw in the mirror or how I felt about myself.”
Janet Jackson looks confident and happy after Nutrisystem weight loss programme helped her shed the pounds.
Janet Jackson, 45, who has battled the bulge over the years, is in incredible shape in the promo snap from her Nutrisystem ad.
The sister of the late megastar Michael Jackson shows off her figure in a tight orange dress and sky high Louboutin heels.
Janet Jackson is yet to reveal how much weight she has lost – but a sneak peek of the ad has been released.
Newly-slim Janet Jackson proclaims in the commercial: “This is what success looks like,” before going on to describe the Nutrisystem plan, based on eating low glycemic foods which leave you feeling full for longer.
Janet Jackson looks confident and happy after Nutrisystem weight loss programme helped her shed the pounds
While she was once revered for her incredibly toned abs, Janet Jackson’s weight has yo-yoed over the years.
Back in 2006 the singer tipped the scales at 180 lbs before slimming down.
However, following the death of her brother Michael in 2009, Janet Jackson started to pile on the pounds.
Janet Jackson is the latest celeb to use Nutrisystem to fight the flab, with Marie Osmond having previously shed 50 lbs on the programme.
The singer documented her weight struggle in her 2011 tell-all book True You: A Journey to Finding and Loving Yourself in which she described herself as an “emotional eater” with serious body image issues.
Janet Jackson’s ad will premiere in full next Monday.
New reports claim that Britney Spears has rejected a $10 million offer to join the next autumn’ season of The X Factor.
Britney Spears allegedly rejected that offer three weeks ago and is instead thinking about an offer to become a resident performer at a Las Vegas hotel like Celine Dion.
It appears that Britney Spears’ camp want $20 million for her to do the job.
A spokeswoman for The X Factor refused to confirm or comment on the speculation.
TV executives at Fox have previously declined to comment on the matter, but insiders say Britney Spears is keen to join the hit show in theory.
There are two vacant spaces to fill alongside Simon Cowell and L.A. Reid after Paula Abdul and Nicole Scherzinger were fired.
Sources have told Us Weekly and Sunday World that Britney Spears has her eye on the job.
Britney Spears has rejected a $10 million offer to join the next autumn’ season of The X Factor
One insider close to newly-engaged Britney Spears told Sunday World: “The timing is perfect. Brit would love to connect with fans on a weekly basis and loves working on TV after several guest appearances on the sitcom How I Met Your Mother.”
Almost 10,000 fans have voted for Britney Spears to appear as a judge on fansite breathheavy.com.
Back in 2008 Britney Spears performed Womanizer on the British version of X Factor – but was heavily criticized for miming.
Fox has still not confirmed who is to replace Nicole Scherzinger and Paula Abdul.
While an appearance by Britney Spears is looking more and more likely, Janet Jackson has declined a potential offer to sit beside Simon Cowell and L.A. Reid on the panel.
British judge and Simon Cowell cohort, Louis Walsh also confirmed that the iconic star was in talks to join the team.
Janet Jackson, 45, told Insider.com that she is “very flattered that X Factor let me know that I was being considered for next season, but it just wouldn’t be possible”.
The singer said that the move would be “unrealistic” as she is already committed to her Number Ones Up Close and Personal Tour.
A representative for Janet Jackson added: “There have been absolutely no meetings between Janet and anyone with regard to X Factor.”
However, in the wake of Whitney Houston’s death, Simon Cowell revealed he had been considering her for a role on the judging panel.
Another name rumored was Beyonce.
But Simon Cowell publicly refuted reports he was offering Beyonce $500 million to sign a five year contract.
Simon Cowell told Extra the budget for the show is $100 million a year and said he would never dream of paying anyone that much money.
The 28th Annual MTV Video Music Awards (VMA 2011), held in Los Angeles at the Nokia Theatre on Sunday August 28, will pay tribute to Amy Winehouse, who died one month ago.
Amy Winehouse never appeared on the MTV Video Music Awards during her short but celebrated career, but it was announced as news of a tribute to Amy on this Sunday at MTV VMA 2011.
Amy Winehouse has hit another milestone following her tragic death as second album, Back to Black, has become the best-selling album of the 21st century in UK.
Britain’s Official Chart Company announced the further success of her Grammy-award winning album, which includes the singles “Rehab” and “Love Is a Losing Game”, and said it had overtaken James Blunt’s 2005 debut album, “Back to Bedlam”, to claim the crown.
Tony Bennett, who spent time recording with Amy in March this year, will lead the tribute to Amy Winehouse and introduce never-seen-before footage of their time together at London’s famous Abbey Road Studios.
Amy Winehouse last known recording session was with the 85-year-old crooner. The duo recorded Body and Soul for Bennett’s upcoming album, Duets II, which is released on September 20.
There are also rumors that Amy Winehouse’s parents might attend the show, but MTV’s officials could not confirm their appearance.
Singer Tony Bennett said: “It was a thrill to record with Amy Winehouse.”
“And when you listen to the recording of Body and Soul, it is a testament to her artistic genius and her brilliance as one of the most honest musicians I have ever known.”
VMA 2011 will pay tribute to Amy Winehouse, who has hit another milestone following her tragic death, as second album "Back to Black" has become the best-selling album of the 21st century in UK
The tribute to Amy Winehouse at VMA 2011 will likely be the rare moment of reverence in a show that is calculated to be as irreverent as possible.
This year, the current queen of sexy daffiness, Katy Perry, is poised to be the belle of MTV’s annual ball: She’s up for a leading 10 moonman trophies, including video of the year for her inspirational “Firework”.
Another star set to be celebrated at VMA 2011 is pop star, Britney Spears.
At the age of 29, it is rather unusual for the singer to be presented with a special tribute award, but her fellow pop stars obviously disagree.
Madonna, Britney Spears’ friend will present the award, as Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Nicki Minaj and Janet Jackson, will combine their talents to perform a spectacular musical tribute.
Britney Spears will also take to the stage herself to perform recent hits, “Hold It Against Me” and “I Wanna Go”.
It has been reported that the tribute, which is normally given to artists of an older age and longer career, has been arranged to ensure that Britney actually turns up to the event.
An insider speaking to RadarOnline.com said: “Britney’s young to receive an award like this, but the producers know that it will force Britney to come to the show.”
Other talent that has been added to the star-studded line up include Beyonce, Lady Gaga, Lil Wayne, Pitbull, Bruno Mars, Chris Brown, whose star continues to brighten two years after it was tarnished by his attack on Rihanna, and soulful singer, Adele.
Adele is also a top nominee, being the year’s best-selling artist so far with her album “21”. She is nominated for seven awards for “Rolling in the Deep”.
Adele is also a top nominee at VMA 2011
Kanye West also has seven nominations. He is not expected to perform at the VMA 2011.
VMA 2011 show is being held at the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles and broadcast live on MTV from 9 to 11 p.m.
MTV President Stephen Friedman said some VMA 2011 performers from the East Coast arrived in Los Angeles early to avoid the storm and resulting airport disruptions. But he was hopeful viewer disruption would be minimal.
“Our hope is our audience is cuddled up with their family and friends and don’t want to be outside and want to watch the best night in music,” he said.