Nestle has decide to recall some of its varieties of Chunky Kit Kat after seven people in UK found pieces of plastic in bars.
Peanut butter, hazelnut, choc fudge and caramel 48 g bars are being recalled, along with Kit Kat Chunky collection giant eggs.
Nestle said the products should be returned, unopened, for a full refund.
The company said the products were being recalled as a precautionary measure and that no other Kit Kat products were affected.
“The safety and quality of our products are non-negotiable priorities for the company. We sincerely apologize to our consumers for any inconvenience caused by this voluntary recall,” Nestle said in a statement.
The products recalled are:
- Kit Kat chunky peanut butter 48g bars with a best before date range from September 2013 to February 2014
- Kit Kat chunky hazelnut 48g bars with a best before date range from September 2013 to October 2013
- Kit Kat chunky choc fudge 48g bars with a best before date range from September 2013 to October 2013
- Kit Kat chunky caramel (48g) with a best before date range from June 2013 to July 2013
- Kit Kat chunky hazelnut multipack with a best before date range from September 2013 to December 2013
- Kit Kat chunky collection giant egg with a best before date of July 2013.
The affected products are predominantly sold in the UK, with small amounts also sold in Germany, Switzerland, Malta, Austria, Singapore, the Philippines and Canada.
Kit Kat is one of Nestle’s top-selling brands, with 150 bars consumed worldwide every second.