After Kim Kardashian’s Givenchy floral curtain-inspired Met Ball gown was slated by fashion critics, now Vogue have taken the critique one step further by cropping the reality star out of their best dressed gallery.
Vogue.com collated a glamorous slideshow of the event’s 77 best dressed guests which, unsurprisingly, did not include Kim Kardashian.
Vogue hailed Kanye West for his exemplary sartorial prowess, but very deliberately cropped pregnant Kim Kardashian from the shot
It did, however, include her boyfriend Kanye West who, like Kim Kardashian, was decked head to toe in Givenchy.
Vogue hailed Kanye West for his exemplary sartorial prowess – but very deliberately cropped his pregnant girlfriend from the shot – and did not include her elsewhere.
Kim Kardashian’s Givenchy floral curtain-inspired Met Ball gown was slated by fashion critics
The only evidence that Kim Kardashian was there on the night is a flash of floral and a disembodied arm linking with Kanye West’s to the left of the frame.
Kanye West’s photo is cropped notably slimmer than the rest and, to add further salt to the wound, all other couples, such as Lindsey Vonn and Tiger Woods, remain intact in their slides.
Vogue may not have been impressed by Kim Kardashian floral faux pas – but the designer behind the top-to-toe look, Givenchy’s Riccardo Tisci, defended the look to WWD, saying: “I think she looked amazing.
“She was the most beautiful pregnant woman I dressed in my career.”
The Givenchy creative chief has long been friends with Kanye West and said he chose the look for the pregnant star because, “when you celebrate something, you give people flowers”.
And the look was all his idea.
“[She] said, <<Ricky, I love what you’re doing so much, I am in your hands>>.”
The Vanity Fair International Best Dressed List in full:
1. Duchess of Cambridge, wife of Prince William, British style icon
2. Jessica Chastain, U.S. actress, star of The Help and Coriolanus
3. Bill Cunningham, 83, New York Times street style photographer
4. Léa Seydoux, French actress and model, appeared in Woody Allen’s Midnight in Paris
5. Jay-Z, aka Shawn Corey Carter, rapper, songwriter, record producer and husband of Beyoncé
6. Colin and Livia Firth, British actor and his Italian producer wife
7. Tom Brady, New England Patriots quarterback, husband of Gisele Bundchen
8. Alicia Keys, U.S. singer-songwriter and actress
9. Fan Bingbing, Chinese actress,singer and producer
10. Morley Safer, Canadian reporter and correspondent for CBS News
Colin and Livia Firth appeared as a single entry at number six on the Vanity Fair International Best Dressed List
11. Michelle Harper, Colombian-born, New York-based brand consultant
12. Richard E Grant, actor, screenwriter, and director
13. HRH Princess Alexandra of Greece, child-life specialist
14. Carlos Souza, worldwide brand ambassador for Valentino
15. Farida Khelfa, French actress and director, new muse of house of Schiaparelli
16. Eddie Redmayne, British actor, star of My Week With Marilyn
17. Stacey Bendet, founder and designer of fashion label Alice & Olivia
18. Iké Udé, Nigerian-born artist
19. Diane Kruger, German actress and former model
20. Matteo Marzotto, president of fashion label Vionnet
21. Lauren and Andres Santo Domingo, Vogue contributing editor and her beer heir husband
22. Robert Rabensteiner, fashion editor at L’Uomo Vogue
23. Erika Bearman, senior vice president of global communications at Oscar de la Renta
24. Victor Cruz, wide receiver for the New York Giants
25. Ulyana Sergeenko, fashion designer
26. Matt Lauer, Today show co-anchor
27. Stella McCartney, fashion designer, daughter of Sir Paul McCartney
28. Prince Harry, British royal, Apache helicopter pilot
29. Lizzie Tisch, consultant, wife of Jonathan Tisch
30. Ozwald Boateng, British menswear designer
31. Poppy Delevigne, British model and socialite
32. Jean Pigozzi, entrepreneur, photographer, and art collector
33. Princess Mary of Denmark, wife of Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark, mother of four
34. Elettra Wiedemann, model, daughter of Isabella Rossellini
35. Vito Schnabel, son of Julian Schnabel, art dealer
36. Charlotte Casiraghi, Monaco royal, face of Gucci
37. Arki Busson, financier, partner of actress Uma Thurman
38. HH Sheikha Moza Bint Nasser of Qatar, wife of the Emir of Qatar
39. Ginevra Elkann and Giovanni Gaetani dell’Aquila d’Aragona, Italian power couple; she is a producer, he is an entrepreneur
40. HSH Prince Heinrich von und zu Furstenberg, entrepreneur
The full list appears in the Vanity Fair September issue, on sale from Friday, and online at Vanityfair.com