Bangkok bomb attack suspects Adem Karadag and Yusufu Mieraili have been forced to reenact their alleged role in bombing the Erawan Shrine, Thai police say.
Such re-enactments are standard police procedure in Thailand.
Earlier police said one of the men, named as Adem Karadag, was suspected of planting the bomb in the attack on August 17, contradicting what they had previously said.
The motive for the bombing, which killed 20 people, remains unclear.
Fourteen foreigners were among those killed.
Authorities now say they have enough evidence to prosecute the two men and say that Adem Karadag has confessed.
This contradicts earlier statements from police that neither of two men were the main suspects for the attack.
Adem Karadag, who has also been named as Bilal Mohammed, was arrested in late August in a raid on a flat on the eastern outskirts of Bangkok. His lawyer says he was not in Thailand at the time of the attack.
Police have released warrants for a total of 17 people over charges stemming from the attack.
The suspects are believed to carrying Chinese, Thai, Turkish and Pakistani passports, though their exact origins are unclear as some are thought to be using fake documents.
Many of the suspects named by Thai police have Muslim-sounding names, prompting speculation that they may be linked to jihadist networks or to Uighur separatist militants from China.
However, the police have not suggested that the attack was politically motivated.
The Erawan shrine – with its four-faced golden statue of the Hindu god Brahma – is considered sacred by Thai Buddhists, and attracts many foreign visitors.
Abudusataer Abudureheman, the key suspect in last month’s deadly Bangkok shrine bombing, has fled to Turkey, Thai police say.
Police believe Abudusataer Abudureheman, also known as Ishan, organized the bombing, which killed 20 people.
Abudusataer Abudureheman, 27, from China’s Xinjiang province is thought to have travelled to Istanbul at the end of August.
However, Turkey has denied that Abudusataer Abudureheman fled to the country, saying it was not informed by Thai authorities that he was trying to enter.
Earlier Malaysian police announced the arrests of three people suspected of helping the bombers flee. Thai police have already arrested two suspects.
Over the weekend, an arrest warrant was issued for Abudusataer Abudureheman. Police say he left Thailand for Bangladesh on August 16, one day before the bombing.
“He departed Dhaka on August 30 for Delhi… From Delhi, he continued his travel to Abu Dhabi, and from Abu Dhabi he travelled on August 31 to Istanbul. This is his final destination,” a police spokesperson said.
No group has said it carried out the attack at the Erawan shrine on August 17, but Thailand has alleged that a network that includes foreigners was behind the bombing.
Bangkok police investigating the deadly Erawan Shrine bombing say fingerprints on possible bomb-making equipment found at the weekend match those of suspect Erah Davutoglu, who was detained on September 1.
Police believe the foreign man, arrested close to the Cambodian border, is a key part of a network behind the attack.
Police spokesman Prawut Thavornsiri said the suspect could have carried the bomb to the Bangkok flat or the shrine itself.
Prawut Thavornsiri also said an eighth arrest warrant had now been issued over the blast.
He said the new suspect was Emrah Davutoglu, a Turkish man and the husband of Thai suspect Wanna Suansan.
Her name was on the lease of one of the flats raided at the weekend.
However, a woman claiming to be Wanna Suansan told AFP news agency from Turkey on September 1 that she had not been in Thailand for three months.
No claim of responsibility has been made for the August 17 bomb, which killed 20 people.
Two foreign men are now in detention. Police have not confirmed their nationalities.
However, they say the suspect held on September 1 closely resembles a man wearing yellow seen on security camera footage leaving a bag at the shrine shortly before the blast.
The first detainee was arrested in a raid on an apartment in Bangkok on August 29, which also uncovered detonators, ball bearings, a metal pipe and several fake passports.
The second unidentified man was seized in Sa Kaeo province, east of Bangkok on the border with Cambodia, on September 1.
Deputy police chief Chakthip Chaijinda said he had been speaking Turkish.
Prawut Thavornsiri said police could now “confirm that this man is directly involved with the bomb material”, as his fingerprints matched those on a bottle of suspect material found in the Bangkok flat.
He was also carrying a bank book bearing the same name as a Chinese passport which has been widely circulated by Thai media.
Reports say the passport belonged to the man detained on the border, and shows him as coming from China’s Xinjiang province, home to a significant Muslim Uighur population.
Thailand and China have refused to confirm the passport is that of the suspect.
If it is confirmed that would establish Muslim Uighurs as principal suspects in the bomb attack, a very sensitive issue for both countries after the controversial deportation of more than 100 Uighurs from Thailand to China in July.
China has long faced criticism for the perceived harsh restrictions it places on religion and culture in its western Xinjiang region – where the majority of its predominantly Muslim, Uighur minority live.
The bombing of the Erawan Shrine, a Hindu site popular with Thai Buddhists and tourists, was the deadliest-ever such attack in Thailand.
Thai police have charged a suspect, who was named on a fake Turkish passport as Adem Karadag, in connection with the bomb attack that killed 20 people in Bangkok about two weeks ago.
Officers say the suspect, who was charged with illegal possession of weapons, was involved in the attack.
However, they say he is not the man seen on CCTV footage leaving a bag at the Erawan Shrine before the explosion.
The bomb tore through the crowded shrine on August 17, injuring more than 100, mostly tourists.
The man, who was described as a 28-year-old foreigner by police, was arrested in Nong Jok on the outskirts of Bangkok on August 29.
Thai army chief General Udomdej Sitabutr said the man had so far not co-operated with investigators.
“We have to conduct further interrogations and make him better understand so he will be more co-operative – while we have to be careful not to violate the suspect’s rights,” he told the AFP news agency on August 30.
The man’s nationality has not been confirmed but local reports suggest he could be from Turkey. Police said they found a large number of forged Turkish passports at his apartment.
Bomb-making materials also discovered in the property included ball bearings and piping, similar to what was used in the shrine attack, police said.
Police spokesman Prawut Thavornsiri said the man “is a culprit in the same network” as those behind the blast.
However, national police chief Somyot Pumpanmuang downplayed any suggestion that the suspect was connected to terrorism.
“He is a foreigner, but it’s unlikely he is an international terrorist. It’s a personal feud,” Somyot Pumpanmuang told a televised news conference.
“He got angry on behalf of his friends and family members,” he added without elaborating.
Meanwhile, Thai police have faced criticism for an image of a suicide bomb vest that was shown on television during the national broadcast announcing the suspect’s arrest on August 29.
The image caused a stir on social media and police later said it had nothing to do with the bombing or the suspect. Thailand’s ruling military accused broadcast media of inserting the erroneous picture.
A reward of one million Thai baht ($28,000) has been offered for information related to the Erawan Shrine attack.
Police released a photofit of the man seen leaving a bag at the site shortly before the blast, showing the suspect with dark hair and glasses.
Officials said at the time of the attack that they suspected it had been planned a month or more in advance and involved at least 10 people.
Erawan shrine is a popular destination for Chinese and Thai tourists.
Thailand’s Nation TV has apologized for re-enacting the Bangkok bomb attack at the Erawan shrine with a staff member dressed as the main suspect.
The re-enactment on August 20 sparked outrage among Thais at the Erawan shrine and online.
Executives at Nation TV have since acknowledged it was insensitive and disrespectful to the dead.
The bomb blast on August 17 killed 20 people and injured scores more. Police are hunting for the suspect.
Nation TV presenters read out an apology on television on Thursday night.
An evening news editor with Nation TV said in a statement posted online a team was sent out to re-enact the bombing at around 18:00 local time on August 20.
A member of staff was dressed up to look like the suspect, the statement said. The team stopped filming when people at the scene “expressed frustration” at them.
The president of Nation Broadcasting Corporation Adisak Limprungpatanakij said separately that the plan was made “without consideration for the sensitivity of the public and with disrespect for the dead”, AP reported.
He added that the station would consider disciplining those responsible.
The incident was the second controversy involving identification of the suspect in the days following the blast.
Australian actor Sunny Burns, who teaches English in Bangkok, was mistaken as the main suspect earlier this week after a Thai journalist pointed out that Burns resembled him.
Sunny Burns said he later found that private details including his home address were being spread online.
He went to the police to give a statement on August 20, and posted a picture of himself at the station “to share any evidence in case something went wrong”, he said.
Sunny Burns later posted CCTV video stills showing he was at his apartment building at the time of the blast.
Thai police have released a sketch of the suspect and say that he is a foreigner.
Two other men earlier identified as suspects in the bombing have since been cleared of involvement.
Thai authorities have released a video footage showing the key suspect in the deadly bomb attack near Bangkok’s Erawan Shrine.
The footage, from a security camera, shows a man in a yellow shirt leaving a backpack in the Erawan Hindu shrine.
At least 20 people died in the attack on August 17. About half of the victims were foreigners.
More than other 120 people were injured in the attack.
In a separate attack on August 18, an explosive device was thrown at a pier in Bangkok, but no-one was hurt.
Nationals from China, Hong Kong, the UK, Indonesia, Malaysia and Singapore are among the foreigners killed in Monday’s attack.
Still images of the suspect had already been released.
In the new footage, he is shown carefully and deliberately removing his backpack inside the shrine, getting up without it and immediately leaving the scene.
“There is a suspect… we are looking for this guy,” PM Prayuth Chan-ocha told reporters.
Authorities were “quite close” to identifying the suspect, Thai government spokesman Maj. Gen. Weerachon Sukhontapatipak said.
However, other leads were also being pursued.
The spokesman said no motive was being ruled out, but that the bomber did not appear to be Thai and the character of the bombing was “quite different” from previous bombings by southern Thai insurgents.
He said security at transport hubs and tourist sites was being beefed up.
The bomb was detonated at about 19:00 local time on August 17 when the shrine, and the nearby Ratchaprasong junction, were crowded.
PM Prayuth Chan-ocha called it the “worst ever attack” on Thailand.
“There have been minor bombs or just noise, but this time they aim for innocent lives. They want to destroy our economy, our tourism.”
In Tuesday’s incident, a device – possibly a grenade – was reportedly thrown at the busy Sathorn pier in Bangkok.
It landed in water where it exploded harmlessly, but police said it could have caused many injuries.
Monday’s bomb was clearly placed to cause maximum casualties.
In currency trading, the Thai baht fell to its lowest level in six years over concerns about the impact on tourism.
National police chief Somyot Poompummuang described the device as a 6.6lb pipe bomb – an improvised device where explosive material is put in a sealed cavity to maximize the explosive impact.
Erawan shrine is dedicated to the Hindu god Brahma, but is also visited by thousands of Buddhists each day.