Since the development of computers or machines, their competence to enforce various tasks went on growing epidemically. Humans have advanced the power of computer systems in terms of their disparate working domains, their proliferating speed, and decreasing size with respect to time.
An arm of Computer Science named Artificial Intelligence goes after creating computers or machines as brilliant as human beings.
As we go ahead with the entire career prospective of Artificial Intelligence, let’s understand briefly about what Artificial Intelligence is.
A Brief Overview of Artificial Intelligence
The father of Artificial Intelligence, John McCarthy said, “Artificial Intelligence is the science and engineering that makes intelligent machines, exceptionally intelligent computer programs”.
AI makes a computer, a computer-controlled robot, or a software think intelligently, the same way an intelligent human would think.
While capitalizing the competence of the computer systems, the eagerness of human, lead him to doubt, “Whether a machine thinks and behave as humans do?”
Hence, the advancement of AI started with the objective to create similar intelligence in machines that we humans could. Artificial Intelligence aims to create expert systems. These systems present intelligent behavior, learn, display, explain, and advice their users. It implements human intelligence in machines by creating systems that understand, think, learn, and act like humans.
Career Prospects of Artificial Intelligence
A big core of AI is in the advancement of computer functions associated with human intelligence, such as reasoning, learning, and problem-solving.
AI has been assertive in various fields such as −
- Gaming − It plays an important role in critical games such as chess, poker, tic-tac-toe, etc., where a machine can think of a large number of possible positions based on probing knowledge.
- Natural Language Processing − It helps in interacting with the computer that understands the natural language which humans speak.
- Speech Recognition − Some intelligent systems are able to hear and comprehend the language in terms of sentences and their meanings while a human talks to it. They can handle different accents, slangs, background noises, change in human’s tone due to cough, etc.
- Intelligent Robots − Robots perform tasks which are assigned by humans. They can sense physical data from the real- world such as light, heat, temperature, movement, sound, bump, and pressure. They have enough processors, various sensors and vast memory, to display intelligence. Also, they are able to learn from their mistakes and they can adapt to the new environment.
Domains which target Artificial Intelligence are as follows:
- Medicine: includes identification of medical images, diagnosis, expert systems to aid GPs, monitors, and controls in ICU, designing of prosthetics, and drug designing.
- Robotics: includes vision, motor control, learning, planning, linguistic communication, cooperative behavior.
- Engineering: identification of fault diagnosis, intelligent control systems, intelligent manufacturing systems, intelligent design aids, integrated systems for sales, design, production, maintenance, expert configuration tools (e.g. ensuring sales staff don’t sell a system that won’t work.
- Space: It controls space vehicles and autonomous robots too far from earth to be directly manipulated by humans on earth, because of transmission delays.
- Marketing: AI is being used to develop more targeted, relevant, and timely marketing programmes to enhance customer attrition rates. Examples of typical jobs held by AI professionals include:
1.Software analysts and developers.
2.Computer Scientists and computer engineers.
4.Research scientists and engineering consultants.
5.Surgical technicians working with robotic tools.
6.Medical health professionals working with artificial limbs, prosthetics, hearing aids, and vision restoration devices.
7.Military and aviation electricians working with flight simulators, drones, and armaments.
Salary Scale: The average salary of an Artificial Intelligence Engineer is approximately $93,625 per year depending upon the domain you choose.
Advance information technologies and the onset of machines enhanced by Artificial I
Intelligence (AI) have already influenced the world of work in the 21st century. Computers, algorithms, and software cut down everyday tasks, and it is absurd to imagine how most of our life could be managed without them. Nonetheless, is it also futile to imagine how most process steps could be managed without human effort. If they are then Artificial Intelligence will be an assured short movement in IT industry?
To learn and master in Artificial Intelligence, you can go through various AI Certification Courses available online.