Home Entertainment #MeToo: LA Prosecutors Review Assault Accusation Against Kevin Spacey

#MeToo: LA Prosecutors Review Assault Accusation Against Kevin Spacey

0

Los Angeles prosecutors are reviewing a historical assault accusation against Kevin Spacey, officials confirmed on April 11.

Police have filed evidence about an allegation involving an incident with a man in West Hollywood in 1992.

More than 30 men have come forward with allegations of misconduct against Kevin Spacey in recent months.

The Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department said it began investigating the case in December, and presented it to the Los Angeles District Attorney office for review earlier this month.

No details of the allegation have been released.

It is unclear if California’s statute of limitations on prosecuting criminal assault, which is normally ten years, would apply.

Image source Flickr

Kevin Spacey Accused of Assault by Norwegian King’s Son-in-Law Ari Behn

Kevin Spacey Scandal: Old Vic Has 20 Claims of Inappropriate Behavior Against Actor

Kevin Spacey Erased from Completed Movie All the Money in the World

Kevin Spacey, 58, first became embroiled in controversy last November when actor Anthony Rapp accused him of assault in 1986 when he was 14 and Spacey was 26.

The Oscar-winning actor claimed to have no memory of the events, but publicly apologized. He has since issued an “absolute” denial of the other allegations that later emerged.

Meanwhile, London police are investigating three criminal cases against Kevin Spacey.


London’s Old Vic Theater, where Kevin Spacey was artistic director, has said it received 20 complaints of inappropriate behavior against him.

The controversy has led to Kevin Spacey being axed from a number of roles, including from Netflix series House of Cards and the 2017 movie All the Money in the World, which was re-shot without him.