More men and women allege Kevin Spacey groped or made advances toward them.
The claims, spanning from the mid-1980s to 2016, raise further questions about Kevin Spacey’s conduct in the decades he worked in Hollywood and as artistic director at London’s Old Vic theatre.
On November 8, the journalist whose October tweet triggered a series of accusations about Kevin Spacey spoke out.
Former TV news anchor Heather Unruh told a press conference in Boston that her son had been assaulted by Kevin Spacey, at the age of 18 in a bar in Nantucket, Massachusetts, in July 2016.
Heather Unruh said Kevin Spacey had bought her son alcohol – the drinking age in Massachusetts is 21.
She said the actor had invited her son to a party, but he had run away from the bar when Kevin Spacey had gone to the lavatory.
A criminal investigation was now under way, Heather Unruh said.
“Shame on you for what you did to my son. Your actions are criminal,” she said through her tears.
Since the first allegation of advances were made by Anthony Rapp on October 30, Netflix suspended further production of House of Cards series, the International Academy of Television Arts and Sciences announced it will no longer give the actor a special Emmy award, and his agent and publicist dropped him as a client.
In response to Anthony Rapp’s claims, Kevin Spacey said he has no memory of the incident and offered an apology.
On November 3, UK police confirmed they were investigating an alleged assault on a man from 2008.
Meanwhile, Kevin Spacey said he was seeking treatment after facing the allegations but did not give information about the type.
Since then more men have come forward.
Barman Kris Nixon, from Belfast, Northern Ireland, said he had been working near the Old Vic in 2007 when Kevin Spacey groped him at a party.
Two weeks later, Kris Nixon was in the basement of the bar he had been working in, when, he said, he realized Kevin Spacey was two feet behind him.