There a lot of Republican defections in the wake of recent controversy surrounding Donald Trump.
Lezlee Westine, a former aide to President George W. Bush, announced her support for Hillary Clinton in a statement to the Washington Post on Monday.
Wadi Gaitan, a prominent Latino official and chief spokesman for the GOP in Florida, announced he would leave the party over Donald Trump’s candidacy.
However, George P. Bush broke with his father – Jeb Bush – to lend his support to Donald Trump on August 7, the Texas Tribune reported.
George P. Bush urged party members to unite behind his father’s former Republican primary rival.
Other Republicans not voting for Donald Trump are:
- Mitt Romney, former Massachusetts governor, 2012 Republican presidential nominee
- Barbara Bush, former first lady
- Jeb Bush, former Florida governor, 2016 presidential candidate
- Lindsey Graham, South Carolina senator, 2016 presidential candidate
- Larry Hogan, Maryland governor
- William Cohen, former secretary of defense
- Jeff Flake, Arizona senator
- Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, Florida congresswoman
- Ben Sasse, Nebraska senator
- John Kasich, Ohio governor, 2016 presidential candidate
- Mark Kirk, Illinois senator