Home World Europe News Brussels Attacks: New Footage of Third Airport Suspect Released

Brussels Attacks: New Footage of Third Airport Suspect Released

0

A new footage of the key surviving Brussels airport attacks suspect, showing the route he took after leaving the area, has been released by Belgian prosecutors.

Prosecutors have asked members of the public who saw the man to come forward.

The man was tracked on CCTV footage until 09:50 local time and was wearing a hat and a light-colored jacket, officials said.

His trail was lost close to the EU institutions in Brussels’ city center, not far from Maelbeek metro station.

Prosecutors said the man had discarded the jacket, and have asked the public to report if it has been found.


Photo Belgian Police

Photo Belgian Police

The Brussels attacks killed 32 people on March 22.

Three attackers are believed to have targeted the airport, with two dying in the bomb blasts. Another died in the metro attack.

The “man with the hat”, as prosecutors called him, was captured pushing a trolley at Brussels airport next to the two suicide bombers in previously released CCTV footage.

The new footage shows the suspect briefly running amongst passengers as they try to escape the scene at the airport, before walking some 6 miles over a two-hour period.

He was last seen about 40 minutes after the Maelbeek metro bombing.

Federal prosecutor Eric Van Der Sypt asked for those who “might have filmed or taken a photograph of the suspect” or believe they have any useful information, to call 0800 30 300 FREE (in Belgium) or 00 32 25544488 (from abroad).