Caitlyn Jenner won’t be charged over her involvement in the Malibu car crash that killed Kim Howe in February, California prosecutors say.
Sheriffs had previously decided the 65-year-old reality star, then Bruce Jenner, had been driving too quickly when her SUV collided with two cars, pushing one into oncoming traffic.
The crash killed 69-year-old Kim Howe, whose Lexus was hit by a Hummer. Four others were injured in the crash in Malibu on February 7.
It is now been ruled there is not enough evidence to secure a conviction.
“We believed from the start that a thorough and objective investigation would clear Caitlyn of any criminal wrongdoing,” said Blair Berk, Caitlyn Jenner’s attorney.
“We are heartened the district attorney has agreed that even a misdemeanor charge would be inappropriate.
“A traffic accident, however devastating and heartbreaking when a life is lost, is not necessarily a criminal matter.”
Investigators had said Caitlyn Jenner’s vehicle was travelling at an unsafe speed for the road conditions and said they had hoped the reality star would face charges for “vehicular manslaughter”.
At the time she cooperated with investigators at the scene and passed a sobriety test.
The former Olympic champion also offered a blood sample.
The accident happened before Jenner announced she is transgender and transitioned into her new identity as Caitlyn.