Home Entertainment Suge Knight collapses in courtroom

Suge Knight collapses in courtroom

0

Marion “Suge” Knight has been hospitalized after collapsing in court in Los Angeles.

It happened shortly after a judge ordered that Suge Knight’s bail be set at $25 million in a murder case.

Death Row Records co-founder’s defense lawyer said Suge Knight, 49, hit his head on a chair as he fell.

The music mogul has pleaded not guilty to murder, attempted murder and hit-and-run charges.

Suge Knight denies running down two men with a pickup truck in Los Angeles following an argument in January on the set of a commercial for the film Straight Outta Compton.

One of the men, 55-year-old Terry Carter, was killed, while the other was seriously injured.

Photo Getty Images

Photo Getty Images

After his collapse, lawyer Matthew Fletcher told the court that his client, who is diabetic and has a blood clot, hadn’t received any medication since March 19.


Matthew Fletcher claimed Suge Knight was being kept in solitary confinement without proper access to medication.

The lawyer also criticized the bail amount calling it “absurd” and “clearly excessive”.

Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Ronald S. Coen approved the amount because prosecutors noted that Suge Knight was already on bail over a separate robbery case.

Since his arrest, Suge Knight has suffered various health problems and this is the fourth time he’s had to be taken from the courthouse by ambulance.

He’d previously been hospitalized after complaining of chest pains and also said he’s now blind in one eye and has about 15% vision in the other.

Suge Knight has previous convictions for assault with a deadly weapon and could face 25 years to life in prison if he’s convicted at trial.

[youtube B_NttEB0mFg 650]

Our Fashion addicted Lisa is responsible for the Entertainment category. She likes to be on top of all the news about celebrities and events related to them.