Home Entertainment Paul Simon and Edie Brickell disorderly conduct charges dropped

Paul Simon and Edie Brickell disorderly conduct charges dropped

0

Paul Simon and Edie Brickell disorderly conduct case has been dropped.

Police were called after a heated dispute at the couple’s house in Connecticut in April.

Edie Brickell had told officers that her husband Paul Simon had shoved her and she had slapped him.

Prosecutors told a judge on Tuesday they were declining to pursue the case. Neither of the singers attended court.

Paul Simon and Edie Brickell disorderly conduct case has been dropped

Paul Simon and Edie Brickell disorderly conduct case has been dropped (photo AP)

Officers were called to the couple’s home in New Caanan on April 26, 2014.

Edie Brickell told them she had confronted her husband of 22 years after he did something to “break her heart”.

She did not provide any further details. The police report added Paul Simon suffered a superficial cut to his ear and Edie Brickell, who smelled of alcohol, had a bruise on her wrist.


At an earlier hearing, Paul Simon told reporters outside the court in Norwalk, Connecticut: “We’re fine. We love each other. We’re fine. We had an argument. It’s over.

“Neither one of us has any fear or any reason to feel threatened.”

Paul Simon, 72, and Edie Brickell, 48, had been scheduled to be in court on Tuesday, but did not appear.

The charges have now been dropped and will be erased after 13 months.

[youtube mxFkuXtuR7c 650]