President Nicolas Maduro has threatened to expel the CNN staff from Venezuela over its reporting of recent protests there.
Nicolas Maduro said he would take action if CNN did not “rectify its coverage”.
Earlier, Nicolas Maduro said he was sending troops to the western state of Tachira, where there has been continuing unrest.
With tensions running high, the leader of the opposition, Henrique Capriles, has called for a fresh, peaceful anti-government march on Saturday.
There were reports of further clashes in the state of Tachira and in districts of the capital, Caracas.
At a news conference, Henrique Capriles rejected violence and said he was ready for dialogue, but claimed the government was not willing to listen.
“In this turbulent hour, we call on the students and on those on the streets not to fall into the trap of violence,” Henrique Capriles said before showing several videos allegedly containing evidence of abuses by the security forces.
On national television, President Nicolas Maduro accused his opponents of promoting violence.
He vowed to take the perpetrators of attacks against the Caracas metro, who were allegedly also caught on video, to court.
Nicolas Maduro also lashed out against the coverage of the protests by foreign news organizations.
“Enough war propaganda, I won’t accept war propaganda against Venezuela. If they don’t rectify themselves, out of Venezuela, CNN, out,” he said.
Last week, the government removed Colombian TV news channel NTN24 from channels offered by Venezuelan cable operators.
Nicolas Maduro also ordered the expulsion of three US diplomats this week.
Earlier on Thursday, a Venezuelan court ordered that detained opposition politician Leopoldo Lopez remains in custody pending further hearings.
Leopoldo Lopez of the opposition Popular Will party handed himself over to the authorities on Tuesday.
The government is charging Leopoldo Lopez with intentional arson, inciting violence, damage to public property and conspiracy.
[youtube 2eg1k_PTX08 650]