Cee Lo Green announced he is leaving The Voice in an interview scheduled to air on Wednesday’s installment of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, saying he does not plan to return to the show “at all”.
However, Cee Lo Green (born Tomas DeCarlo Callaway) did say that he will “continue relationship” with NBC.
“I’m going to continue my relationship with NBC,” the singer said.
“I have a television show development deal with them as well and hopefully some other talk show opportunities for later in the year. But yeah, I’m going to miss ‘The Voice’ too. So I’m not coming back guys….”
The decision to leave The Voice comes on the heels of legal woes for Cee Lo Green, who was charged late last year with furnishing a controlled substance, a felony charge that carries up to four years in state prison.
Cee Lo Green told Ellen DeGeneres that he didn’t want to “wear out my welcome” on the series, for which he has served as a coach.
“Yeah, I just want to … I don’t want to wear out my welcome there. You know what I’m saying,” he said.
“I have so many other things that I want to do. I haven’t released an album in four years. I’m almost done with my album…”
The Voice sets to return to NBC for its sixth season on Monday at 8/7c.
[youtube TPxS36WVo3s 650]