Princess Grace of Monaco biopic – Grace of Monaco – starring Nicole Kidman, has been pulled from release in the US by its distributor The Weinstein Co.
The company has given no explanation for its decision to hold back the film, which was due out on March 14.
Grace of Monaco original November release was delayed because it was deemed not ready for cinema screens.
Director Olivier Dahan has previously claimed that he was at odds with Harvey Weinstein over the final cut.
In his interview with French newspaper Liberation, translated and reproduced in The Guardian, Olivier Dahan said: “What’s complicated at the moment is ensuring that you, the critics, can review my version of the film and not that of somebody else.
“It’s not over yet. I haven’t given up.”
The Weinstein Co. has not responded to Olivier Dahan’s claims.
The film-maker’s previous work includes Edith Piaf biopic La Vie En Rose, which won Marion Cotillard a best actress statuette at the Academy Awards.
The original November release date was put in place so the film would be eligible for the Oscars.
The script of Grace of Monaco has been criticized by the Monaco royal family, who said it contained “major historical untruths and a series of purely fictional scenes”.
“The Princely family wishes to emphasize that this film is by no means a biopic,” the Monaco royal family statement added.
[youtube 4StkixgtjN0 650]