Pumpkin Crème Caramel
3 egg yolks
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 pinch salt
1/2 cup white sugar
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Whisk egg yolks and brown sugar together in a large bowl. Stir in heavy cream, pumpkin puree, allspice, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Divide pumpkin mixture between seven (5-inch) ramekins about 1/2 inch from the top.
- Place the ramekins in a baking dish and fill with the baking dish hot water to reach halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake in preheated oven until just set, 30 to 35 minutes. Remove ramekins and refrigerate until completely cool, at least 2 hours.
- Sprinkle about 1 tablespoon of sugar onto each creme brulee. Melt the sugar with a chef’s torch until crisp and dark brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Allow to cool before serving.