Restaurants, stores, and companies will be celebrating Labor Day 2013 by offering freebies, or something at a heavily discounted price.
- A.C. Moore: On Saturday, August 31 from 1 PM to 3 PM, all 140 A.C. Moore stores along the East Coast will hold a free “Make and Take” class on how you can make a rubber band bracelet.
- Bass Pro Shops: On Saturday, August 31, and Sunday, September 1, from 12 noon until 5 PM, Bass Pro Shops locations nationwide are offering free activities for kids and classes for grownups, including instruction on the best ways to smoke meat. Sounds about right for a Labor Day barbecue.
- BJ’s Wholesale Club: BJ’s has a free 60-day trial membership offer that begins on Friday, August 30. The risk-free trial includes full member benefits and no surcharge.
- Blue Star Museums: Active duty military personnel and their families get free museum admission at participating cultural institutions through Monday, September 2, as part of the Blue Star Museums program.
- Boston Market: On Monday, September 2, take 50% off Boston Market family meals. You’ll need to use this coupon to get the savings.
- Firehouse Subs: Get a free medium sub sandwich at participating locations on Monday, September 2, when you purchase any sub combo. To redeem the offer, visit the Firehouse Subs’ Facebook page to print out a coupon or to show it via smartphone. Note: the coupon goes live over Labor Day Weekend.
- IKEA: If you are in the store on Saturday, August 31, Sunday, September 1, or Monday, September 2, you may want to stop in for a meal as well. Shoppers who spend $150 or more in store those three days can deduct the cost of their meal when they check out. Visit the IKEA website to find out if your local IKEA store is participating.
- Yankee Candle: From Thursday, August 29 to Monday, September 2, Yankee Candle has a dollar deal in its 550-plus nationwide retail locations and at yankeecandle.com. All Tarts wax melts, Samplers votive candles, and Car Jar air fresheners are only $1.00 – normally they’re $1.99 and $2.99.