Home World Asia News Ma Ailun: Chinese woman dies electrocuted while using iPhone 5

Ma Ailun: Chinese woman dies electrocuted while using iPhone 5

0

Ma Ailun, a 23-year-old woman from northwest China, died after being electrocuted while using her iPhone 5, her family has claimed.

Ma Ailun, a flight attendant with China Southern Airlines, was picking up her handset to answer a call last Thursday when she received an electric shock, police said Sunday, in reports carried by the state-run Xinhua news agency.
“(I) hope that Apple Inc can give us an explanation. I also hope that all of you will refrain from using your mobile devices while charging,” the older sister of victim said on Sina Weibo, the Chinese equivalent of Twitter.

Ma Ailun, a flight attendant with China Southern Airlines, was picking up her iPhone 5 to answer a call when she received an electric shock

Ma Ailun, a flight attendant with China Southern Airlines, was picking up her iPhone 5 to answer a call when she received an electric shock

The post has gone viral online, with many forwarding the message and warning others of the dangers of using mobile devices while they are being charged.

Ailun’s father, Ma Guanghui, confirmed that his daughter was electrocuted, adding that her body showed signs of electrocution.

Ma Ailun’s sister said she hopes to seek justice from Apple.

Apple said Sunday the company felt “deeply sorry for the unfortunate accident” and expressed condolence to the victim and her family.

The company said it would have a thorough probe into the case.

[youtube dmcJDsbezNE]