Classic pumpkin pecan pie
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour
- 3 eggs, divided
- 1 cup canned solid pack pumpkin
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- dash salt
- 2/3 cup light or dark corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 prepared deep dish pie crust*
Preheat oven to 350°.
*If using a frozen pie crust, do not thaw; preheat a baking sheet in the oven and place the pie on the cookie sheet to bake.
In small bowl, combine one egg, pumpkin, 1/3 cup sugar, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and salt. Spread in pie crust.
In medium bowl, beat remaining two eggs slightly. Stir in corn syrup and remaining 2/3 cup sugar, the butter and vanilla; stir until well blended. Stir in pecans. Carefully spoon over pumpkin mixture.
Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until filling is set around edge. Cool pie completely on wire rack.