Willie Robertson’s Armadillo Eggs Recipe
Servings: Over 8
Cook Time: 1-30 min
- 6 to 8 large jalapeño peppers, cut in half lengthwise, seeds and ribs removed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 pounds breakfast sausage, formed into 12 to 16 patties
- 1 pound bacon, sliced thin
- 1 stick (¼ pound) butter, melted
If you’re using a grill, heat it to medium. If not, heat the oven to 400ºF. Fill each jalapeño half with cream cheese. Mold sausage around each jalapeño half, making sure to cover the entire jalapeño. Wrap each “armadillo egg” with a slice of bacon.
Cook the eggs on an open grill until the sausage is cooked through and the bacon is crispy. If you don’t have an outdoor grill, bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, then broil until the bacon is crispy.
Remove the eggs from the grill or oven and cover with melted butter.
Recipe from Miss Kay’s Duck Commander Kitchen.bacon, Christmas, duck dynasty, Jalapeño, willie robertson