Samsung Galaxy S4 launch in New York
Galaxy S4 follows the S3, a handset that has sold more than 40 million units. The Galaxy handsets are seen as the closest competitor to Apple’s iPhone.
Analysts predict software that tracks where users are looking and automatically scrolls down the page as it is read, without it being touched.
There is also expected to be a souped-up camera and processor.
But crucial to Samsung’s future success, analysts say, is how the South Korean company plans to turn its strong position in the smartphone market into greater success with other devices such as tablets.
Prior to Thursday’s launch in New York, Samsung has unleashed a huge advertising campaign, including a series of videos involving a small boy tasked with looking after a “top secret” box.
Like the S3, Galaxy S4 is expected to run on Google’s Android operating system – but analysts are predicting some heavy customization from Samsung in order to give the device a more distinctive feel and, crucially, set it apart from its competitors’ Android-based handsets.
This is important, says Gartner analyst Roberta Cozza, if Samsung is to gain a higher level of loyalty to its device range.
Unlike with Apple, where a large number of iPhone owners gravitate towards the iPad when they decide to purchase a tablet, the same cannot be said of other brands, where customers more likely to mix and match.
“We will see more of a step towards more ‘stickiness’ towards the brand,” Roberta Cozza says.
“Already the Galaxy S3 can be seen as an alternative to the iPhone, [but] the integration that Apple offers with iPad is still not matched. Samsung is not there.”
The expectation Galaxy S4 will feature eye-tracking capability has been heightened by existing technology in the Galaxy S3 – the phone’s Smart Stay function stops the screen from dimming when somebody is looking at it.
Furthermore, the New York Times notes that Samsung filed for a couple of trademarks this year named “Eye Scroll” and “Eye Pause”.
Analysts also predict the standard array of upgrades – faster processor, better camera – and Roberta Cozza predicts we will see something of a small leap in a major area of Samsung’s expertise.
“I would think they will leverage some strength in display,” she says.
“Providing something on the display side that is different.”
Supposed leaked images of the phone show a device that is slightly bigger than Galaxy S3, but largely the same in appearance.
Another company relying on Galaxy S4 to follow successfully in the S3′s footsteps is Google.
Its Android software is used by more smartphone users than Apple’s iOS – but makes less money from apps and other related products.
Of the Android crowd, Samsung is streets ahead in market share, making more than 60% of all Android smartphones sold.
Some analysts believe this dominance could lead to Samsung looking at how it can assert far more control over the operating system – perhaps in a way similar to Amazon which, with its Kindle tablets, launched its own curated app store for its users to buy from instead of Google’s default shop.
As well as cutting out Google’s share of the app sale – a curated store also allows for applications designed specifically for a certain device, rather than the largely one-size-fits-all situation in the Google Play store.
Ovum’s principal device analyst, Tony Cripps, says Samsung needs to take these steps if it is to fend off the threat from other hardware manufacturers such as Chinese firm Huawei.
“While Samsung continues to grow its shipments impressively, the company undermines its own position in the broader ecosystem by providing Google a huge mobile platform from which to influence consumers, application developers and advertisers,” he says.
“It is very difficult for Samsung to achieve that level of influence itself while it depends on Google to supply device software and key applications and services through Android.
“Lacking a powerful ecosystem of its own clearly positions the company lower down in the value chain than either Google or Apple.”
With Apple suffering from a dipped share price, and a few recent missteps with product launches, the time is perhaps ripe for Samsung to pile pressure on the iPhone-maker.
“It is an important device for them because they have got to a point where they are competing head-to-head with Apple, creating a lot of expectation,” says Roberta Cozza.
“All eyes are on this device now.”
Related search articles:
- galaxy s4
- Powered by Article Dashboard ben clark training center
- s4 galaxy
- video fecal
- samsung galaxy ad girl name blonde
- victorias secret s3 case
- victoria secret galaxy s3 cases
- victoria secret phone case samsung galaxy s3
- galaxy s3 victorias secret case
- what is pointer speed on galaxy s3
- samsung galaxy s4 launch in new york
- samsung galaxy s3 camera problem
- www china 10year girl 3gp rep xvideo
- Sophie Tweed-Simmons 2013
- samsung galaxy s3 victorias secret pink case
- buy victoria secret galaxy s3 phone cases
- name of the inventor of samsung galaxy s3
- samsung s4 new york
- samsung s4 new operating system
- samsung s4 newyork
- samsung s4 new launch
- samsung s4 launch ist timings
- samsung s4 advertisement controversy
- samsung galaxy s3 durability
- samsung galaxy s3 victorias secret case
- samsung galaxy s4
- samsung galaxy s4 2013 commercial in airport
- samsung galaxy s4 bell
- samsung galaxy s4 launch aest
- samsung launch new york
- samsung s3 in bra
- victoria secret pink s3 case
- samsung\s flagship 2013
- www small baby xvideo
- WHat number am I thinking of? Cell Commercial
- what number am I thinking of? phone ad
- what number are i thinking commercial
- what time is samsung s4 ny
- who invente the samsung galaxy s m
- who is the blonde girl on the samsung galaxy s3 commercial
- who is the blonde woman in the phone ad who makes a video for her husband
- victoria\s secret pink galaxy s3 case
- victorias secret galaxy s 3 case
- victoria secret samsung phone case
- son am mother share bed on vacation
- sxs film famille fri
- tamilsix stil
- using galaxy s3 cursor
- victoria secret galaxy 3s case
- victoria secret galaxy mini case
Short URL: http://www.bellenews.com/?p=31303