Actress Penelope Cruz has confirmed she is pregnant with her second child.
Penelope Cruz, 38, revealed the happy news through her publicist, Javier Giner, to explain her decision to not travel to Spain for Goya awards show on February 17.
Javier Giner said the actress was “extremely happy and very excite” about the news.
Penelope Cruz is nominated for Best Leading Actress at the Goya awards in Spain and because of her condition didn’t want to take a long haul flight, Javier Giner told broadcaster RTVE.
The new baby will be a sibling to two-year-old sibling Leo.
Penelope Cruz and husband Javier Bardem – who had been friends for years – started dating in 2007 and married in early July 2010 in an intimate ceremony at a friend’s home in the Bahamas.
The actress has previously spoken out about how motherhood has transformed her life.
Penelope Cruz said: “From the first second, you feel so much love.
“It is a revolutionary experience. That’s the best way I can describe it. It transforms you completely, in a second.
“Nature is very wise and gives you nine months to prepare, but in that moment, when you see that face, you are transformed forever.”
Penelope Cruz is also determined to keep her kids out of the public eye, despite hers and 43-year-old Javier Bardem’s successful careers.
She explained: “I want my son and my kids – if I have more – to grow up in a way that is as anonymous as possible.
“The fact that his father and I have chosen to do the work we do doesn’t give anybody the right to invade our privacy.”goya awards, javier bardem, new baby, penelope cruz