Annette Schavan resigns over plagiarism row
German Education Minister Annette Schavan has resigned after Heinrich Heine University stripped her of her doctorate for plagiarism.
Duesseldorf’s Heinrich Heine University voted last Tuesday to remove her doctorate following a review.
Annette Schavan, a close ally of Chancellor Angela Merkel, had insisted she would fight the ruling and not resign.
In 2011, Defence Minister Karl-Theodor zu Guttenberg also quit after allegations he plagiarized his thesis.
Annette Schavan, 57, was awarded her doctorate 30 years ago, but the university found she had “systematically and intentionally” copied parts of it.
She had been scathing in her criticism of Karl-Theodor zu Guttenberg when the scandal of his plagiarism broke.
Analysts say her resignation will be hugely embarrassing to Angela Merkel.
Angela Merkel is facing federal elections on September 22.
Part of Annette Schavan’s brief as education minister is to oversee German universities.
Related search articles:
- why annette schavan has been forced to resign
- a german minister of education Annette schavan has ben forced 2 resign
- bell news about german minister of education Annette Schavan
- the reason why annette schavan has been forced to resign
- merkl economics plagiarism
- Germanys education minister Annette Schavan quits over plagiarism Author name
- annette schavan resigns over plagiarism row german education minister annette schavan has resigned after heinrich heine university stripped her of her doctorate for plagiarism duesseldorf’s heinrich heine university voted last tuesday to remove her doctor
- annette schavan resigns
- Annette Schavan plagiarism scandel according to Belle news
- a germanminister of education annette schavan has been forced to resogn on allegations of plagiarism
- a german minister of education annette schavan has been forced to resign on allegations of plagiarism circumstances leading to her resignation
Short URL: http://www.bellenews.com/?p=29973