Michael Hopkins dies in rafting accident in New Zealand
Oscar-winning sound editor Michael Hopkins, who worked on films including the Lord of the Rings trilogy and the 2005 King Kong remake, died in a rafting accident in New Zealand.
Michael Hopkins, 53, from Greytown, New Zealand, died after being thrown from his raft on Sunday, police said.
He won Academy Awards for his work on The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers in 2003 and King Kong in 2006.
Michael Hopkins also worked on Blade Runner, Superman, Octopussy and Transformers.
Michael Hopkins shared his two Oscar wins and one further nomination with US collaborator Ethan Van der Ryn.
The accident happened in the Waiohine River on New Zealand’s North Island. His two rafting companions both survived.
Police Senior Sergeant Carolyn Watson said: “Police would like to thank all those who assisted in the recovery of Mr. Hopkins and the rescue of his companions, particularly the jet boat operator who came to our aid and, at considerable risk to himself, was able to rescue the female.
“All three were wearing life jackets, wetsuits and helmets at the time and it appears that Mr. Hopkins got into trouble after they were ejected from the raft in a fast flowing eddie.”
Related search articles:
- how old are michael jacksons kids 2013
- new fbi director 2013
- ann reese grote obituary
- upskirt paris jackson
- mitt romney dead
- oscar pistorius tattoo on back
- upskirt panel judge
- michael jacksons cock
- carolyn clifford plastic surgery
- papacy front runners
- persian van nuys escort
- RED RINGS AROUND EYES
- retirerd fbi head missing walking along river on his proprty
- rhana no entry accident
- the amezing creature found on congo river
- toofab kourtney kardashian camo pants
- hazel gordy jermaine dupri
- Oscar for 2014
- north island new zealand rafting company michael hopkins
- anna reese grote accident swing set
- dr james beale fake prescriptions
- michael phelps insurance on legs
- michael jackson my baby photos dick on youtube
- king kong antony hopkins
- news report ann reese
Short URL: http://www.bellenews.com/?p=28460