Ten tips from Leiths cooking school for a perfect Christmas dinner
Max Clark from Leiths School of Food and Wine in UK is on hand to help ensure that your Christmas cooking runs smoothly.
Max Clark says: “My best piece of advice for the perfect, stress free celebration? Keep it simple.
“You are not the hired help, but part of the festivities! Quality should reign over quantity, and simple, beautifully presented food will be appreciated and enjoyed more than a complicated menu that doesn’t quite deliver.
“Prepare what you can before the big day, then relax and open your pressies.”
- Decadence is the order of the day, so start by beguiling your loved ones with a bubbly flourish of fantasy and romance. Fill glasses of pomegranate juice with icy Prosecco and float edible rose petals on top for a glamorous breakfast cocktail.
- Serve the cocktails with toasted panettone. Top with warm, roasted figs, pomegranate seeds and a drizzle of honey, and you’re off the starting blocks without even breaking into a sweat.
- Don’t bother with a formal starter. You’ve had a rich breakfast and you’ll be eating all day. Simply thread some fat, fresh tiger prawns onto skewers, interleaved with citrusy, kaffir lime leaves and marinade in a little oil, root ginger and red chilli. Bake in a hot oven (in a disposable aluminium tray) until pink and juicy and serve as a pre-lunch nibble with a glass of fino sherry.
- If lunch is just going to be for you and your partner (and perhaps the future in laws…), why not try something different, such as roast quail? Quail take 20 minutes to cook and lend themselves well to the traditional trimmings. After all, why spend hours battling with a bird that’s bigger than your dog, only to eat turkey curry for the next three days?
- Serve the quail with glazed cocktail sausages, bacon rolls and individual Christmas bubble and squeak cakes. Mix together cooked crushed potatoes, parsnips, Brussels sprouts and chestnuts, stir in a few cranberries and season to taste. Shape into patties and chill until required. They can be made up to two days in advance and are equally good baked or fried. You have just saved yourself an hour in the kitchen, with cheeks rosy enough to compete with Santa Claus.
- Now just add some seasonal leafy greens and baby carrots to bring the contemporary feast to life. Parboil and refresh the carrots after breakfast, ready to reheat in foaming, seasoned butter.
- A jar of cranberry sauce can be jazzed up with a grating of orange zest and a splash of port.
- Make your bread sauce on Christmas Eve, cool and refrigerate. Stir in a little cream and heat in the microwave when required.
- Good gravy can be the bane of the most experienced cooks’ lives, so practice it some other time. This isn’t the day for heroics. Buy a pouch of fresh, quality gravy and up the ante with a generous slurp of Madeira. Its rich, caramel flavor will add extra body and flavor, and a teaspoon of unsalted butter whisked in before serving will make it appear glossy in look.
- Swap hours of boiling a Christmas pudding (that you are too full to eat), for a clementine compote, fragrant with sultry spices. Make it up to 24 hours in advance, and serve well chilled with hot white chocolate sauce. Peel two clementines per serving, place in a bowl and pour over boiling water. Drain and scrape off the white pith. Add a cinnamon stick, star anise and a bay leaf to a pan of sugar syrup, laced with Cointreau and orange blossom water. Bring to the boil and cook until syrupy. Pour over the fruit, leave to cool and chill until needed. So, there you have it; all of the traditional courses and seasonal ingredients, in a fresh, stress free, and most importantly, calamity-free format. This will allow you plenty of time for fireside naps and maybe even some mulled wine; so sit back, relax, and enjoy a romantic and festive day with your loved ones.
Related search articles:
- honey boo boo real first name
- ariana grande up skirt
- honey boo real name
- tinymodel ginger
- ssbbw juicy jackie ? pounds
- tiger woods elin or lindsay
- preteen body painting
- pakistani dinner ideas
- whit crop top and skirt
- mom strips for men
- amber heard high school pictures
- one piece thongs
- safetyvideo tiger lion
- SANDYCOOK TEACHER AT BOSTON MARTHON
- nike tiger woods 2014 golf shoes
- sofia play ground upskirt
- xnxx com bollywood actresses original
- www keralasaxspa
- why is honey boo boos last name different
- what does caleb from eve look like
- tumblr two piece
- set xvideo
- story of high school cheerleaders kidnapped then used as whores on field trip
- ssbbw kennedy torrent
- mallu missouri ce
- leotards for kids in delhi
- Leave a Reply Name (required) Mail (will not be published) (required) Website
- HONEY BBO BOOS MOM THE HUMAN THUMB
- Hitler didi natick /8/mar /2013
- hands on sunday school Hook Book Look Took
- fat blocking brownie recipe
- dannilynbirkhead illuminati
- christmas in buckinghamshire
- big tit monnin
- ariana upskirt school
- ariana grande victorious christmas upskirt
- honey boo boo full episode season 2
- honey boo boo mom compared to horror movie character
- honey boo boos mum thumb look alike
- latest honey boo boo news
- larsapippen 4tube
- kerala girls unshevad undera
- Kartun cinema
- juicy jacqulin groping belly
- is sugar bear daddy to kaitlyn\s
- irwinton ga murder
- images of romantic ways of sleeping with a husband
- how is agakhan feeling after his recent surgery
Short URL: http://www.bellenews.com/?p=27775