Anne Hathaway weight loss: actress had to stop eating for 13 days for her role in Les Misérables
Anne Hathaway, who plays Fantine in the hotly anticipated Les Misérables, took the opportunity to open up about starving herself for the role in a new photo shoot.
Anne Hathaway shed 25 lbs to portray the poverty-stricken factory worker forced to turn to prostitution, and it was no easy task.
She told the new issue of The Hollywood Reporter: “I just had to stop eating all for a total of 13 days shooting.”
Anne Hathaway shed the weight in two stages: she dropped 10 lbs in three weeks before filming, and then 15 lbs during production.
But Anne Hathaway was dedicated from the start – even before she landed the role.
The actress said: “There was resistance because I was between their ideal ages for the parts – maybe not mature enough for Fantine but past the point where I could believably play [Fantine’s daughter] Cosette (portrayed by Amanda Seyfried).
“And I did what I do when I really want a role: I got fiery and told my agent, <<Just get me in the room>>.”
The eerie images accompanying the interview see a barefoot Anne lead her co-stars Amanda, Hugh Jackman, Russell Crowe, Eddie Redmayne and Samantha Barks.
Les Misérables hits cinemas on Christmas Day. The new issue of The Hollywood Reporter is out on December 14.
Related search articles:
- how tall is amanda de cadenet
- amanda de cadenet - height
- weight watchers commercial actress 2013
- tv reporter gets fired after stripping down during an interview
- smallest waist in hollywood
- saima khan per night
- oldest actress t6o play fantine
- new weight watchers 2013-2014
- how much does samantha barks weight
- how long how did kareena kapoor lose weight
- hot bolly celebraties underarms close up image
- conn unedited news
- amsnda de cadenet how tall is she
- who is the common sense cable one girl
Short URL: http://www.bellenews.com/?p=27533