Thanksgiving Recipe: Herb Roasted Turkey
This turkey is roasted with a mixture of herbs and olive oil under the skin and all over the bird.
Use small amounts of dried herbs along with the fresh herbs for more flavor. Use fresh dill, rosemary, and chives, along with about 1/2 teaspoon each of dried leaf marjoram and thyme.
Cook Time: 4 hours
Total Time: 4 hours
- 1 turkey, about 14 pounds
- 3 to 4 tablespoons mixed chopped herbs, such as chives, dill, tarragon, rosemary, thyme, and marjoram
- 3 to 4 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 orange, cut in 2-inch pieces
- 1 apple, cut in 2-inch pieces
- 1 onion, quartered
- sprigs of fresh herbs
Heat oven to 450°.
Wash turkey inside and out; pat dry. Combine the chopped herbs with olive oil. Gently separate the skin from the breast and rub a few tablespoons of the herb mixture under the skin as far back as you can reach. Rub the remaining mixture all over the bird. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Put orange, apple, onion chunks, and herb sprigs in the stuffing cavity. Cover wing tips with small pieces of foil. Roast for 10 minutes. Tent foil loosely over the top of the turkey and reduce heat to 325° and continue roasting for about 3 1/2 hours longer, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh registers 165°.
Related search articles:
- Powered by Article Dashboard cooking time for filet mignon on the grill
- take no prisoners willy robertson
- squishy breast pics
- 11 year old g string
- xnxx conane caretone
- what kind of swing set fell and killed ann reese dec 242012
- turkey elbise
- soro revitalift total 10 repair testei
- SMALE WOMANS X VIDEOS COM
- preteens in knee highs
- missing in turkey
- mason moore orange bikini video
- xvideo chaines smoll baby
Short URL: http://www.bellenews.com/?p=26761