TV reporters hit by Hurricane Sandy
Good Morning America reporter Matt Gutman got a little too close and personal with Hurricane Sandy while reporting on the storm for ABC News.
Matt Gutman and his producer were preparing to film a segment from Nags Head, North Carolina on Monday morning, when the pair were knocked down by a powerful wave.
The two were completely submerged and they scrambled to try and get out of the water and back to shore.
The clip of the crashing wave went viral but some didn’t find the episode very funny, taking to Twitter to say it made them “feel sick” and blasting the media for being reckless.
But Matt Gutman defended his reporting, insisting that “everyone was safe, no one was harmed”, saying they just got “a quick dunk”.
The crew from ABC were just the latest members of the media to bear the brunt of the stormy weather for viewer’s pleasure…or disgust.
CNN’s Ali Velshi battled the elements as he reported from a street in Atlantic City, New Jersey – where the storm will slam down.
Revelers interrupted his live shot, dancing a Gangnam style jig, as gusty winds and harsh rain poured down.
Despite the hilarity of the scene, the coverage was not well received by the local community and the mayor of Atlantic City, Lorenzo Langford, slammed Ali Velshi for disregarding warnings to stay inside, advising that “self preservation” should be the priority.
But Ali Velshi assured viewers that his team of professionals were taking precautions.
“We’ve done this before, and we know how to keep safe,” he said on air, adding that they were only reporting from outside to show people how dangerous the situation was.
Additionally, FOX News reporter Peter Doocy, the 25-year-old son of Fox and Friends anchor Steve Doocy, experienced an embarrassing after affect from the weather.
Peter Doocy got stuck in the sand as he spoke on air from Delaware’s Rohobeth Beach on Monday.
When he stepped off the boardwalk and onto the sand, his feet quickly sank and he was brought to his knees and fell over.
“It looks like the sandy walkway out to the beach has actually got my foot stuck,” Peter Doocy said as he tried to recover.
“Not a pretty picture out here in Delaware, I’m okay.”
Related search articles:
- matt gutman age
- missouri upskirt
- competitive lift and carry march 2013 you tube
- latest on baltic sea ufo 2013
- stone harbor new jersey hurricane sandy
- sandy hook beach nj after sandy
- Which weapon was really used in Sandy Hook?
- sandy hookcrime scene pictures
- sandyhook 12/14/2012 MSNBC
- sandy maloney crime scene pictures
- sebian tv anchor showing her vagina to president
- sandy maloney crime scean photo
- sandy hooker crime scene photos
- matt guttman age
- sandy hook elementary coroners results
- police report from sandy hook shooting
- youube honey boo boo
- Selena gomez taking her cloths off
- steve doocy health and fat
- xnxx maya mendigo
- where in new jersey did sandy hit
- what kinds of guns were usesd in sandy hook
- what are the properties of waves/tv reporter say
- were sandy hook funerals all closed casket?
- were all sandy hook funerals closed casket?
- Weapon Really used at Sandy Hook
- videos of salena gomez taking her cloths off
- undress anchor
- Teacher sabres kids from Sandy hooks shooting
- super storm sandy in new jersey
- pictur saron son
- photos from the sandy hook school crime scene
- Personal Mobile number of archana suseelan malaylam serial actress to chat
- homevid of moms loses bikini
- heidi gutman matt gutman
- fox news anchor up skirt
- Did Sandy Hook hit New Jersy?
- did kate middleton take fertility drugs
- date of super storm sandy in nj
- cnn interview with sandy hook parents
- brooke baldwin pantie shots
- belle shore condominiums rockaway sandy damage
- bayville nj sandy storm damage update
- ar 15 missing from sandy neck
- how did hurricane sandy effect tourism
- jermaine jackson at home on you tube
- ocean city new jersey sandy
- ocean city md hit by sandy
- nj beaches not affected by sandy
- news reporter comments on hurricane sandy
Short URL: http://www.bellenews.com/?p=25765