Mitt Romney says Barack Obama has no agenda for a second term
Mitt Romney has derided President Barack Obama, saying his rival has “no agenda” worthy of a second term in office.
At a campaign rally in Florida, Mitt Romney said the Obama campaign had been “reduced to petty attacks and silly word games”.
Hours earlier, Barack Obama decried Mitt Romney for shifting his positions as election day draws nearer, saying the Republican suffers from “Romnesia”.
The two meet for their final debate, on foreign policy, in Florida on Monday.
Mitt Romney and the Republicans are continuing to focus on the Obama administration’s handling of a deadly attack in Benghazi, Libya, in which four Americans including the US ambassador were killed.
The incident provoked a flashpoint during Tuesday’s second debate, and is likely to be hotly debated again in Boca Raton.
Friday’s campaigning saw both candidates make one major stop each: Barack Obama in the Washington DC suburb of Fairfax, Virginia, and Mitt Romney in Daytona Beach, Florida.
Barack Obama told supporters that Mitt Romney was now only becoming more moderate as the election got closer.
“He is forgetting what his own positions are and he is betting that you are too,” Barack Obama said, giving his rival’s “condition” a crowd-pleasing name: “Romnesia”.
The president renewed his pitch to women voters, arguing that “you don’t want someone who needs to ask for binders full of women,” a reference to Mitt Romney’s description of how he recruited women for cabinet positions as governor of Massachusetts.
“You want a president who’s already appointed two unbelievable women to the Supreme Court of the United States.”
Former President Bill Clinton also campaigned for Barack Obama on Friday in Wisconsin.
Mitt Romney, appearing later on stage with running mate Paul Ryan, described the Obama campaign as “the incredible shrinking campaign”.
“Have you been watching the Obama campaign lately?” Mitt Romney told supporters at the Dayton Beach bandshell.
“They have no agenda for the future, no agenda for America, no agenda for a second term. It’s a good thing they won’t have a second term.”
Mitt Romney said the Obama campaign had been “reduced to petty attacks and silly word games”.
Recent polls show an ever-tightening race, including in key election states.
A CNN poll on Friday suggested Mitt Romney has a slender 1% lead in Florida, within the poll’s margin of error. A separate poll gave a similar edge to Mitt Romney in Iowa and New Hampshire.
Both candidates are also trying to gain as many votes as possible through early voting, already under way in many states across the US. Election day itself is Tuesday 6 November.
With the election now less than three weeks away, newspapers are beginning to hand out their endorsements. On Friday, Barack Obama won the endorsement of the Salt Lake Tribune – despite the city being home to Mitt Romney’s Mormon faith.
Elsewhere, The Tennessean, which often endorses Democratic candidates for president, chose Mitt Romney.
It was also reported on Friday that seven of the key “swing states” in the US election had seen their unemployment figures fall over the past 12 months.
Related search articles:
- obama daughters on payroll
- us murders 2012
- michelle omama at kids award cost of trip
- florida snakes that lay eggs
- how old is ann romney plastic surgery
- cost barrack obama playing golf
- romneys remarks after defeat
- obama 1 4 billion vacation
- snopes michelle obama 1 5 million kids choice
- what is johnny depp going to do for his 50th birthday
- woman chopped up put in garbage bags ny
- second child by putin
- snopes Obama auto industry money to campaign
- snopes barack obama chilern
- procedure of pragnant of women
- overdue baby af low
- obama\s 1 4 billion vacation
- Obamas 1 4 billion vacations?
- obama vacations public expense 2013
- obama vacation compared 2012
- snopes/michelles africa trip
- st pete fl virus going around
- states with most muders in 2012
- women watching bulges part 5
- Women show their rottrn teeth videos
- woman take off swimsuites
- william haque shukri ghanem lord green lybia
- who is the topless girl at the end of the campaign
- what do the obama girls wear to school
- what did obamas trip to play golf cost
- us murders in 2012
- u s murders 2012
- Tsunami November 2012
- total costs for Obama vacations
- the presidents sister shows off pink
- xnxx thai/tag
- obama vacatioins 1 4 billion
- obama niburu 2013
- girls of pitch perfect topless
- girl makes guy jackoff for her
- does prez obama have dog walker?
- does obama pay a dog walker
- did obama really buy a 40 million dollar estate in hawaii
- did obama promise jordan 500 million dollars
- craved Romney daughter
- Cost for michelle obama to go to kids choice awards
- compare presidental vacations
- compare bush vacation to obama 2012
Short URL: http://www.bellenews.com/?p=25300