Weight loss does not increase a woman’s chances of having a baby, but simply boost her libido
A new research suggests slimming down does not increase chances of having a baby, but appears to boost women’s sexual appetite.
A team from Penn State College of Medicine studied how weight-loss surgery affected reproductive function in a group of morbidly obese women.
Study leader Dr. Richard Legro, said: “Obesity in women has been linked to lack of ovulation and thus infertility.
The team took urine samples to measure ovarian hormones over the course of a menstrual cycle.
They were surprised to find that ovulation rates remained high among the 29 women taking part in the study. They remained at more than 90% at all time points before surgery and up to two years afterwards.
The quality of the ovulation also remained unaltered. The only change seen was a shortening of the first half of the menstrual cycle, from the end of the previous menstrual flow until the release of the egg.
However, questionnaires filled in by the participants revealed losing the pounds had a dramatic impact on libido, with large increases in sexual desire and arousal. The researchers said this may have led the women to have sex more often.
“The effects of weight loss on reproductive function are more modest than we hypothesized. In terms of ovulation, there doesn’t appear to be a window after surgery where fertility is improved,” Dr. Richard Legro said.
“The door appears to be open at all times. Other factors may be involved with infertility in obese women, such as diminished sexual desire and thus less intercourse.”
The findings were reported in the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism.
It follows a recent study that found losing weight could boost sexual desire in obese men.
The research, published in The Journal of Sexual Medicine, found losing five per cent of body weight boosted the men’s testosterone levels and helped them last for longer during sex.
Related search articles:
- engelbert humperdinck plastic surgery
- weight loss after
- weight loss before and after women
- teen girl bound gagged and murdered
- fifa 13 how to increase daily xp
- modern dress for a 65 year old
- female pleasuring herself youtube
- xvideo vietnam six
- what was the biggest weight that diana ross weighed
- indian actress having hair undre novel
- abby lee health guru
- has ross lynch loss his virginty
- moma june bathing suit
- ms kay robertson weight loss
- obese before and after
- ministration pictures
- man force to dress as a woman stories
- is guiliana rancicn only weigning 45 kg?
- italian breast women
- Jenny Gart before and after
- jessica simpson weight loss 2012
- melissa mccarthy lbs
- kate moss height weight 2012
- kerala dressed partial girls stills
- mama boo boo weight loss
- obesity pictures women pakisani
- obesity rate night shift
- upadated videos of women bathing hidden can india
- shemales who is 400pounds
- weight loss photos before and after
- what is different in the 2013 weight watchers plan from 2012
- will giving unborn babies steroid shots make them not gain weight
- women stripping out of sundress
- women who lost there tops on tv
- Tv Drama weight gain
- traditional weight watchers program
- oil pulling testimonials women hormone
- Rasion saxi girl animal pictur
- route 17 accident new york woman paralized
- skirts blown in the wind
- stacy london before her weight loss
- tatoos on private parts tumbrl
- taxi photos of stars under wear
- tight belted ladys
- www womenlosestopontelevision
- is alice van cutsem pregnant
- before picture of jenny garth before losing 30 pound
- belate 9adima
- body weight increase foods
Short URL: http://www.bellenews.com/?p=25312