Snail slime: the new miracle face-fixer
Snail slime has been elevated from the garden, and is now being claimed as the new miracle face-fixer in the U.S.
While creams containing snail slime have been popular in Korea and Africa for a few years, brands such as Missha, Dr. Jart+ and Labcconte have begun to bring them Stateside.
Primarily marketed as an acne solution, the shelled slug’s mucus is also believed to reduce pigmentation and scarring, as well as beat wrinkles.
Snail slime-based beauty products have been used sporadically since the Ancient Greeks recognized its potential, with Hippocrates reportedly recommending crushed snails to relieve inflamed skin.
However, the beauty potential of snail slime was rediscovered by chance recently, when Chilean snail farmers noticed their skin healed quickly, with no scars, when they handled snails for the French food market.
Those same farmers went on to launch Chilean snail slime product, Elicina, which last year enjoyed its 15th anniversary.
Korean brand Missha then launched Super Aqua Cell Renew Snail Cream in 2010, claiming that its 70% snail extract “soothes, regenerates and heals skin”.
Another Korean brand, It’s Skin, manufactures Prestige Cream d’escargot, which contains 21% snail slime.
According to Fashionista, snail creams are found in everything from face wash to shampoo in Côte d’Ivoire local supermarkets, and now it has been popping up in products in the U.S.
Snail slime – or, technically, Helix Aspersa Müller Glycoconjugates – is a complex mix of proteins, glycolic acids and elastin that nature developed as a way to protect snail skin from damage of rocks, twigs, and other rough surfaces; infection, and UV rays.
Dermatologist Macrene Alexiades-Armenakas, M.D. told Fashionista: “The extract is renowned for its regenerative properties, and facilitates the restoration of damaged tissue and replenishes moisture in skin. It is also effective in treating acne and scarring.”
However, some dermatologists are still unsure.
Dr. Elizabeth Tanzi, the co-director of the Washington Institute of Dermatologic Laser Surgery, said: “There is some speculation that the mucin in these slime creams can be anti-inflammatory and calming; however, there are no respected scientific studies to prove that it actually works. For now, I remain skeptical.”
Related search articles:
- fuji snail cream
- female japanese bank employee tied up and gagged in photo
- scars on matthew mcaunnaheys face
- how did mathew mcanagy grt those scars on his face
- esthebeau snail mucus
- the pure esthebeau
- types of rocks found in Mexico
- matthew mcconaughey acne
- www stockists of snails
- matthew mcconaughey fsil scars
- matthew mcconaughey scar on lip
- missha snail acne scars
- matthew mcconaughey face scars in the paper boy
- missha snail essence for scar
- processing snail slime
- xnxxكلب مع كلب
- snail cream fuji
- snail slime hoax
- what do galapagos land snails eat
- update on morgellons and where to get treatment in 20013
- which snail cream is good
- the pure esthebeau snail mucus wrinkle cream
- snails wrinkles
- www xnxxthe com
- xnxx cambodia 2001
- snail slime processing
- what eyeliner does kris aquino used
- land snails for sale in AZ
- elizebeth vargas nip
- dr jart snail cream has how much mucus in it
- dr jart slug
- dannii minogue snail cream
- dakota county jail nebraska lawsuits
- country leader perserved in honey
- collagen drink for acne
- Alexia Rae Oregon
- ALEX POLIZZI SCARFES
- 19 action news miracle face cream with doctors warning
- face cream with mucus slug for sale
- krome 24kt primer
- kourtney kardashian red undertone
- kim kardashian hand puppet
- katherine jenkins louis vuitton
- Jose Mestre latest news
- is missha snail cream good
- how is snail slime secreter
- how did matthew mcconaughey get those scars on his face
- how did matthew mcconaughey get his scars on his face
Short URL: http://www.bellenews.com/?p=25151