HTC unveils Windows Phones 8X and 8S
HTC has unveiled two Windows Phone 8 handsets at an event in New York.
HTC has said that it intends to promote the 8X, which features a 4.3″ (10.9 cm) display, as its flagship device alongside the Android-powered One X.
The firm is also offering a smaller 8S model with a 4″ (10.2 cm) screen.
HTC’s share price has fallen more than 50% since February after the firm experienced weak sales of earlier models despite positive reviews.
Analysts have said the firm had a weak advertising campaign which was compounded by the fact that its South Korean rival, Samsung, had a much bigger marketing budget.
Nokia and Samsung have already shown off alternative Windows Phone devices which will launch after Microsoft releases the operating system.
HTC said the 8X would launch in 50 countries in early November across 126 mobile operators, while the 8S would be available in 52 countries with more than 146 operators.
Such detail was notably lacking at Nokia’s recent Lumia 920 launch, where it did not confirm the date or number of countries the smartphone would be sold in.
HTC made much of the devices’ design at the US event saying they had “a remarkably unique profile” thanks to the way their edges tapered, becoming thinner at the bottom, to make them feel thin in their users’ hands.
It said its top-end model featured an 8 megapixel camera on its rear supported by a dedicated chip for “faster focus speed and clearer, sharper shots”. The 2.1MP front camera – used for video chats – has also been designed to provide a wide-angle view.
The firm also hopes to distinguish both models by including Beats Audio sound equipment which it said offered “deeper bass and crisp vocals”. The handset maker owns a 25% stake in the company.
The 8X has an NFC (near field communication) chip for touchless payments, but the 8S does not.
The bet on Microsoft’s technology carries risks – the firm’s phone systems only accounted for 3.1% of global smartphone shipments in the April to June months, according to research firm NPD.
But one of the company’s analysts said HTC had an opportunity to grow that number.
“The reception from operators is quite good,” said Francisco Jeronimo, European mobile devices research manager.
“The market wants another alternative to Android as vendors don’t want to face the kind of problems that have arisen out of the lawsuits between Apple and Android device manufacturers – products being withdrawn or delayed.
“But HTC has to compete against Nokia and Samsung which also have Windows Phone 8 products.
“Nokia offers extra services on top such as its transport and augmented reality City Lens facility, while Samsung has a bigger marketing budget.”
Another analyst praised HTC for the industrial design and materials used to build its new devices, saying they would prove eye-catching on store shelves, but was not convinced that would be enough to improve its fortunes.
“HTC has had problems standing out in the Android market, and it could be even more difficult on Windows Phone 8 as Microsoft controls more of the experience on the platform,” said Gartner’s research director, Roberta Cozza.
“HTC needs to add further value to the ecosystem similar to what Nokia has done with its imaging and navigation resources.
“Unless that happens I don’t suspect things will change a lot for the firm.”
HTC’s press conference is the last of the big smartphone launches that had been scheduled ahead of the Christmas shopping season.
Related search articles:
- Powered by Article Dashboard cutting machine
- Powered by Article Dashboard daytona bike week 2010
- Powered by Article Dashboard sacramento bee
- Powered by Article Dashboard baking
- Powered by Article Dashboard home pet care
- Powered by Article Dashboard polaris snowmobile windshields
- Powered by Article Dashboard equipment of dust collection for drilling
- nokia lumia commercial actress
- PRETEENMODELSABUM COM
- jenni rivera nail
- powered by SMF free play script
- bare breasted chinese girls
- htc new phones summer 2013
- pre teen panty shots
- reflection sony corporation scandal
- what year was the dapy dashboard poster radio produced
- ultra model #3
- trandz fotoshoot xnxx
- tittie shot in traffic
- silver screen nuds tube
- samsung note xtube
- samsung galaxy s3 Bottega Veneta
- who is the blond in the best buy commercial for cell phones
- angelik bouer upskirt
- 15 days in south east asia
- 15 year old fitness girl
- 15-17 y o models
- afghani sixy hot breast romance nepal press youtube
- bare breast girl pics
- blog fpgee April 2013
- colorado cell phone pics
- council for economic research most expencive place to do business
- crystalhabitat ofsimvastatin
- dolace star model
- el display de galaxy s3 tiene gorilaz espanol
- Hacked Pictures From Cell Phones teen
- heidy model pool
- how to open xhamster site in pakistan
- htc xhamster price in pakistan
- isabeli fontana xnxx
- lesbian phone cases for a xperia
- 13 year old boys underwear models
Short URL: http://www.bellenews.com/?p=23975