Brad Pitt says the days of actors getting multi-million dollar salaries are over
The days of actors getting multi-million dollar salaries are over, says Brad Pitt during a recent interview.
“Yeah, that thing died,” Brad Pitt laughed when asked if it was possible for stars to still command a price tag upwards of $10 million per movie.
“That arithmetic doesn’t really work right now… that deal’s not flying these days.”
Brad Pitt has been a familiar fixture on lists detailing the highest paid actors.
The most recent Forbes list for 2012 was topped by Tom Cruise, with an estimated yearly salary of $75 million.
Meanwhile Brad Pitt is thought to have earned $25 million.
As for what state Hollywood is in, in general, Brad Pitt concedes: “It’s a really interesting time.
“A lot of the studios have been challenged because of the economic downturn as well so they’ve been betting on bigger, more tent pole kinds of things.
“At the same time that opens up a vacuum for really interesting new film makers to come in.”
So-called “tent pole” films take the biggest budgets but their profits are expected to prop up other movies for the major studios.
Brad Pitt’s acting work over the past few years has ranged from the Oscar nominated Moneyball, to the children’s animation Happy Feet 2 and most recently the crime thriller Killing Them Softly.
“You take the roles for the roles and you’ve just got to balance economics like everyone does,” Brad Pitt says.
There are still ways actors can rake in millions from a movie though, if they agree a smaller upfront salary in exchange for a cut of the eventual profits.
That model of course only works if the movie in question is a big hit at the box office.
Jude Law says that he’s never demanded a $20 million pay cheque: “No, not really, that’s never been my approach.”
Currently on screen in Anna Karenina, Jude Law concedes he has made salary demands in the past, but not in the way you may assume.
“There are certain films the only way to make them go away was just keep raising the fee, and eventually they go <<Oh, we can’t pay you that much!>> and then they go away.”
Related search articles:
- young girls filmed in school showers
- anne hathaway photos getting out of limousine
- upskirts rou live
- Lora Lee From Vanderpump Rules movie
- sandy hook actor parents
- marlon jackson net worth
- lesmes cast salaries
- marlon wayans net worth 2012
- obama Florida vacation cost
- obamas 35 million dollar mansion in hawaii
- pictures of blond hair blue eye 18 year old boys
- SENDY PORTRAY
- serena williams getting out limo
- simbu bulge in poda podi
- teen girls getting their diapers changed videos
- the best male actors in drag
- tony nominated play that became oscar nom movie
- vintage pic 1960 braless
- xnxn كون كردن كج
- les miserables actors wages
- jennifer lawrence forbes
- inappropriate movie trailer boat to africa
- A baby geting its diper ganged video
- actors pay for les mesrable
- actors who did drag in movies
- adult cartoon characters dreamwork
- best foreign upskirt videos
- bmw gs 2013 prices
- brad pitts ex girlfriend sinitta
- british movi bedroom scene
- carnival cruise condoms
- Celebrity Cum Tribute gwenth pawoth
- did obama administration use actors to portray sandy hook parents?
- Did Obama use actors for Sandy Hook Parents?
- did obama use actors to portray sandy hook victivs
- fortune 2012 top earners
- free websites of teen girls getting their diaper changed
- German painter Lohan
- hollywood movie upskirtswith
- 20 million dollar actor salaries are over
Short URL: http://www.bellenews.com/?p=23721