Tom Cruise’s lawyer denies bride auditions
Tom Cruise’s lawyer Bert Fields has denied claims that the Church of Scientology embarked on a long-term “auditioning” process to find the actor a new partner, after his 2001 divorce from Nicole Kidman.
Bert Fields called a Vanity Fair report, previewed on the magazine’s website, “long, boring and false”.
He said it was “a rehash of tired old lies” run in the supermarket tabloids.
Tom Cruise and his third wife Katie Holmes divorced in July this year.
The article, written for October’s edition of Vanity Fair, claimed the top-secret project was led by Shelly Miscaviage, the wife of Scientology leader David, in 2004.
Special correspondent Maureen Orth said she was told by “several sources” that actresses were quizzed by fellow Scientologists to find a suitable partner for Cruise, one of the organization’s most prominent proponents.
Actress Nazanin Boniadi, who was born in Iran and raised in the UK, told the magazine she was approached in 2004 and “audited”, before being selected to date Tom Cruise.
The article alleges their first date was conducted “with an entourage of Scientology aides”, but the relationship faltered after a few months and ended in 2005.
The Church of Scientology has spoken out against the feature in a statement.
“There was no project, secret or otherwise, ever conducted by the church to find a bride (via audition or otherwise) for any member of the church. Never.”
It claimed the magazine relied on a small group of “anti-Scientologists” for information, who had “shamelessly exploited Tom Cruise’s divorce by spreading false and invented tabloid stories.”
Vanity Fair says it stands by the story and has denied claims that it paid its sources.
Maureen Orth is a long-time contributor to the magazine, who has interviewed Vladimir Putin and Margaret Thatcher, as well as writing investigative articles about the allegations of sexual abuse levelled against pop star Michael Jackson.
Tom Cruise married Katie Holmes, with whom he has a daughter Suri, in an Italian castle in November 2006.
Katie Holmes filed for divorce at the end of June this year and the couple announced they had agreed a settlement several weeks later.
Related search articles:
- Powered by Article Dashboard king county news
- Powered by Article Dashboard air canada travel
- Powered by Article Dashboard smoke smell in a car
- Powered by Article Dashboard orthodox icons
- Powered by Article Dashboard mini golf plans
- Powered by Article Dashboard air quality map
- Powered by Article Dashboard northeast regional folk alliance
- Powered by Article Dashboard tom cruise films
- Powered by Article Dashboard golf courses in michigan
- Powered by Article Dashboard unigraphics solutions
- Powered by Article Dashboard sony lcd television
- Powered by Article Dashboard michigan adventure amusement park
- Powered by Article Dashboard alliance
- tom cruise 2013
- hwbh latest
- topless angelica minetti picture
- aida sole iterenary
- did yolanda say mohammad was unfaitjful
- bebe winans questionable
- article describing papal conclave to 4th graders
- al minetti floor covering
- bert fields net worth
- robertson pre beard
- ronnie coleman e naomi campbell
- shilpa shety armpit hair photo
- steven kert kidman obituary
- aida sole itinerary
- yvette Purdue running back
- topless cruise tumblr
- xnxx حنان بتاتس
- xfactor usa upskirts
- www xvideo tags/tom cruise
- www xnxx sayscom
- where can i find celluvera in beaumont texas
- when does may 2013 vanity fair come out
- vintage forums lui magazines
- vanity fair loretta young 2012
- tv actresses undressed video
- bollywood old unsens pics
- Powered by Article Dashboard free online snowmobile repair manual
- oraquick false negative issue
- nicolekman networth
- image Tim Sparks arizona jew
- men duck tape gagged
- latest news of tom cruise
- Kevin Costner strip club
- keith urban flexes biceps
- jase robertson private property
- italian short skirt tumblr
- pankaj upadhyay waiter in carnival cruise in miami
Short URL: http://www.bellenews.com/?p=23521