Christian Louboutin red-soled shoes entitled to trademark protection
The distinctive red soles of Christian Louboutin shoes are entitled to trademark protection, a federal appeals court in Manhattan has ruled.
The 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals on Wednesday ruled in favor of the French maker of luxury shoes worn by stars such as Sarah Jessica Parker, Scarlett Johansson and Halle Berry.
The court says Christian Louboutin is entitled to protect its brand against red-soled shoes made by competitor Yves Saint Laurent S.A.S., which is also based in Paris.
An exception to the rule is when the shoe itself is red as well. In that instance, a rival may match the color of the sole to the color of the shoe.
This would allow YSL to continue to produce “monochrome” versions of its Tribtoo platform pumps.
The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office in 2008 had granted the trademark protection to Christian Louboutin.
Christian Louboutin has applied glossy vivid red to the outsoles of women’s shoes since 1992.
The shoes sell for upwards of $700 a pair.
Related search articles:
- louboutin shoes
- What brand of shoes does Ross Lynch wear
- Kisa Purple
- black widow avengersfakes
- red soles shoes
- reeva steencamp fakes
- sara caldwell nbc baltimore pictures
- sarah benny in short skirt
- scandal alexdra derossi
- scarlett johansson lift and carry
- silver color around iris
- stripper shoes johannesburg
- suzannah guthrie dresses on today
- why was selena gomez called woman of color in interview
- red soled shoes
- meaghan oleary psychic seattle
- brand of high tops ross lynch wears
- brand of shoes ross lynch wears
- christian louboutin shoes
- french downblouse tgp
- hannah storm down blouse
- is jessica sanchez anorexic
- is there nipple in scarlettejohanson in hitchcock
- jennifer lawrence christian dior grammy dress
- jessica at stiletto nj
- jessica sanchez friend who won a cat
- katy perry black stockings russell
- www christian louboutin com
Short URL: http://www.bellenews.com/?p=23497