Michael Clarke Duncan dies in LA hospital aged 54
Oscar-nominated star of The Green Mile Michael Clarke Duncan has died after nearly two months of treatment following a heart attack in July.
Publicist Joy Fehily released a statement from Michael Clarke Duncan’s partner, the Rev. Omarosa Manigault-Stallworth, saying the 54-year-old actor died on Monday morning in a Los Angeles hospital.
As the sad news was delivered, it also referred to Omarosa Manigault-Stallworth for the first time as his fiancée, saying: “The Oscar-nominated actor suffered a myocardial infarction on July 13 and never fully recovered.”
Omarosa Manigault-Stallworth confirmed the news herself to Radar, saying: “I am devastated. He was the love of my life.”
RadarOnline has reported that “both public and private memorials are being planned”.
Michael Clarke Duncan’s death came “very suddenly”, with TMZ reporting that Omarosa Manigault-Satllworth was present in the hospital room before momentarily leaving for a short period of time and when she returned he had died.
Her mother is believed to have been present when he passed.
Meanwhile, Michael Clarke Duncan’s Green Mile co-star Tom Hanks also released a heartfelt message, referring to the actor as “Big Mike”.
Tom Hanks said: “I am terribly saddened at the loss of Big Mike. He was the treasure we all discovered on the set of The Green Mile. He was magic.
“He was a big love of man and his passing leaves us stunned.”
And the director of the movie, Frank Darabont, was “devastated”, saying: “[He was] one of the finest people I’ve ever had the privilege to work with or know. Michael was the gentlest of souls – an exemplar of decency, integrity and kindness. The sadness I feel is inexpressible.”
The 6ft 5in, 300 pound star appeared in dozens of films, including box office hits Armageddon, Planet Of The Apes and Kung Fu Panda.
Duncan had a handful of minor roles before The Green Mile brought him an Academy Award nomination for Best Supporting Actor in 1999, but unfortunately he lost out to Michael Caine after the British legend won his second Oscar to The Cider House Rules.
The Green Mile, based on the Stephen King novel of the same name, starred Tom Hanks as a corrections officer at a penitentiary in the 1930s. Michael Clarke Duncan played John Coffey, a convicted murderer.
The role saw him become a global star, with Michael Clarke Duncan winning the best supporting actor category for the Black Reel Award, Broadcast Film Critics Association Award and Saturn Award ceremonies.
He was also nominated a further nine times, along with his Oscar nod, receiving recognition at the Golden Globes, MTV Movie Awards and Screen Actors Guild Awards.
MICHAEL CLARKE DUNCAN: 10.12.1957 – 03.09.2012
• Born in Chicago, Illinois on December 10, 1957
• Lived in a single-parent household with sister Judy
• Moved to Los Angeles to pursue acting, and found work as a bodyguard to the stars
• In 1995, landed an uncredited role in 1995 comedy hit Friday
• Quit bodyguard work in 1997 following the death of client Notorious B.I.G
• The following year, landed his big break as Bear in Armagedon
• Became a household name in 1999 for his Oscar-nominated role in The Green Mile
• Won Best Supporting Actor for the Black Reel Award, Broadcast Film Critics Association Award and Saturn Award, following his efforts in the Tom Hanks blockbuster
• Nominated for a further nine times for his role as John Coffey
• Starred in blockbusters Planet Of The Apes, The Scoprion King and The Green Lantern
• Suffered a heart attack on July 13, 2012 – given CPR by fiancée Omarosa Manigault
• Despite treatment, Michael Clarke Duncan sadly died on September 3, aged 54
Related search articles:
- heineken commercial 2013 actor
- New Heineken Commercial
- omarosa manigault-stallworth net worth
- kaitlyn roig crisis actor
- amarosa upskirt
- amarosa 911 tape
- 911 call omarosa
- oscars 2013-racquel welch
- Kate Upton IN GREEN OUTFIT
- heineken actor 2013
- omarosas 911 call
- aurora borealis forecast near chicago Ill
- Who inherited michael clark duncans money
- Who won best actor in 2013
- new heineken commercial star
- who is the guy in the new heineken commercial 2013
- omarosa inherited michael clarke duncans money
- Omarosa upskirt pictures
- Omarosa Manigault
- Omarosa up skirt
- omarosa skirt up
- omarosa michael clarke duncan worth estate
- news agencys that use crisis actors
- Omarosa Manigualt 911 call
- omarosa manigault-stallworth upskirt
- omarosa inheritance money
- youssef can 20012
- omarosa manigault crotch shot
- omarossa 911 call
- who is the chick in magic mike
- who is in the 2013 heineken commercial
- whats new with jackson kids in 2013
- the released 911 calls of michael clark duncan
- the 911 call of manigult stallworth
- sylvia kristel window
- south indan xvidos
- soon yi low IQ?
- si robertson vietnam awards
- Printable 2013 Oscar Nomination List
- prestorious shooting toilet
- paul frank monkey mask
- oscar pr girl at the met ball
- omorsa 911
- omorosa upskirt
- omarossa inheritance
- www indian novel xnxx com
- new hospital wing in houston
- nene omarosa
- clip of michael clarke duncans omarosa 911 call
Short URL: http://www.bellenews.com/?p=23421