George Soros invests in Manchester United football club
Billionaire George Soros has bought a stake in Manchester United football club, a US regulatory filing showed.
George Soros’ investment fund bought about 3.1 million Class A shares in the club, according to the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Class A shares carry one vote each, compared with 10 votes for every Class B share.
The club floated on the US stock market earlier this month.
While the figure was less than originally hoped, the flotation valued the club at more than $2.3 billion, making it one of the biggest sports clubs in the world.
Manchester United has been controlled since 2005 by the Glazer family, the billionaire US sports investors who also own the Tampa Bay Buccaneers American football franchise.
About half of the $233 million that the club raised from its flotation will go to paying off the club’s debts, with the rest going to the Glazers.
Manchester United’s shares on Monday closed down 2.7% at $13.06, after hitting a fresh low of $12.91 earlier in the day.
Related search articles:
- rafael russel bulge scandal
- College Football Bulges
- football holding bulges
- george clooney bulge report
- george clooney predictions
- sky news girls up skirt
- smiles students organization ellen degeneres cover girl
- soccer player bulges tumblr
- soccer team upskirts
- sultan kosen visits goerg bell
- top earner in football 2012/2013
- ball player that hit his girlfriend
- predictions of george clooney
- predctions of george clooney
- palmdale ft ball scandal
- Harry Harrison brother of george
- george lucas sold how much
- george greig networth
- fashion police george kotsiopoulos shirtless
- trop50 drinks where are they sold in jhb south africa
Short URL: http://www.bellenews.com/?p=22901