SpongeBob, world’s heaviest cat, dies two months after being adopted
Just two months after being adopted by a new family, SpongeBob, the 33lbs gigantic cat, who horrified and charmed New York, has died.
The cat gained unlikely celebrity status earlier this summer when he arrived at New York City rescue centre.
Although veterinaries said his death was not caused by his weight the 9-year-old moggie’s obesity made an operation life threatening and his new owners Courtney and Matt Farrell were forced to let him go last week.
SpongeBob arrived at Animal Haven rescue centre earlier this year after his elderly owner moved to a care home.
Staff members were shocked at the cat’s size and put him on a strict diet in a bid to improve his health and chances to get adopted.
Kendra Mara, Animal Haven’s associate director, said at the time: “About 10 to 15 people stood around staring at him for quite a long time, because he was the largest cat we’d ever seen.
“We don’t know how he became so big. We can only guess that his owner, because he was ill, was feeding him dry food on a regular basis, maybe just leaving it out, so he was able to eat whenever he wanted.”
He was soon re-homed after winning the hearts of New York couple Courtney and Matt at a benefit gala raising money for Animal Haven.
He was given a clean bill of health by vet’s at the time of his adoption, and was regularly monitored to improve his weight loss.
Although SpongeBob’s weight was not the cause of his illness, it did make it too dangerous for vets to operate on a heart growth which had been discovered two weeks before his death.
It was discovered after SpongeBob’s asthma had worsened but sadly the growth, which was putting pressure on his heart, was inoperable due to the danger of “Sponge” dying on the operating table from the anaesthesia.
Matt and Courtney Farrell made the decision to let SpongeBob go and remained with him as he passed, giving him love to the end.
Courtney Farrell said in a statement: “This has been one of the hardest things I have ever experienced, and certainly the most difficult thing Matt and I have had to endure as a couple.
“I’m sure it’s evident to all of you that we treated ‘Sponge’ like he was our first baby.
“We loved this cat so tremendously and had so many plans for him as part of our family.
“As profoundly sad as we are, we can only try to focus on how much love we were able to give him during his last couple of months.
“We gave him a family, we gave him room to run around, and we showered him with love all the way to the end.”
Related search articles:
- forced into corset
- how many adopted kids does willie robertson have
- spongebob onsie uk
- all is well wallpaper size 399
- nabi sponge bob cover
- onesie for 9yr old boys
- spongbob sings nume cats
- spongebob onesie for men
- spongebob onesie men
- spongebob onesies for 2 year olds
- spongebob xvideo com fr3e
- spougebob sqeare paints xvideo
- wallpapers size 399 bikes
- weight watchers marie osmund
- willie roberston adopted children
- www animal girl@xvideo com
- melissa mccarthy lose weight
- m hot animal girl xvideo com
- american home nubi xnvideos
- baby ginger cats
- bfbb posiedome music download
- blue lvy carter
- budding beauty nipples revealing through dress
- Carter is 11 years old His sister is 13 months younger than him How many months old is his sister?
- courtney cox catwomen
- courtney nipples showing on x factor
- cute girl and beer belly weight gain measurement video
- hand cuffed together
- How Much Did Adele gain weight
- is courtney kennedy hill still alive
- jennie garth weight management
- xvideo سبونج بوب
Short URL: http://www.bellenews.com/?p=22467