London Games: Michelle Obama dons patriotic outfit as she supports Team USA
First Lady Michelle Obama arrived in London this morning and she has already showed off two very patriotic wardrobe choices as she helps motivate Team USA.
Leaving President Barack Obama at home in Washington, the First Lady is in the UK to lead the US Presidential Delegation to the Olympic Games.
After a breakfast with Team USA at their training facility in the University of East London, where she wore a bold red and white striped jacket and black tailored trousers, her whirlwind schedule took her to an event to help promote her Let’s Move campaign.
At Michelle Obama’s breakfast stop, she greeted athletes with a rousing speech as her bold wardrobe choice also spoke volumes.
The red and white pattern on the jacket was a surprise choice for the normally impeccably dressed 48-year old, as she started to blend in with the America flags behind her.
At the following event, held at Winfield House in Regent’s Park where U.S. Ambassador Louis Susman now resides, mingled with David Beckham among other sporting stars.
Wearing another patriotic ensemble, Michelle Obama wore a sporty blue T-shirt, paired with white pants and a smart white and blue blazer that featured navy piping.
The event attracted around 1,000 American Military children as well as American and British students who couldn’t get enough of the event’s visiting host.
Michelle Obama jogged to a stage to the sound of a marching band that played the University of Florida flight song.
She told the crowd: “I’m so excited. I am thrilled to be here on London for the 2012 Olympic games. I am proud to be leading the U.S. delegation to the opening ceremony.”
Olympic gold-medal sprinter Carl Lewis signed autographs at the event while ex-NBA star Dikembe Mutombo offered basketball tips to the awed group of children.
David Beckham stood behind Michelle Obama, watching on as she addressed the crowd.
But soon, it was time for the games to begin and the blazer was shrugged off to allow the First Lady to show off THOSE famous arms as she played football and other sports with children on the lawn.
There was no doubting her passion for her country and team as she was seen getting active with her adoring fans.
Michelle Obama proved an equally-inspiring presence earlier this morning at the breakfast event.
There, she had chosen an on trend pillar box red peplum shell top to wear underneath the nipped in jacket, which also featured cut-away collar detail and optical illusion panels.
During her address Michelle Obama urged America’s athletes to “have fun, breathe a bit, but also win”.
She said: “Wow, I’m going to be saying that a lot over the next few days. Wow, wow!
“I can’t believe I am here, I am beyond proud.
“I can’t begin to tell you how amazing it is for me to be leading the delegation.”
Michelle Obama spoke of her fond memories of the Olympics.
“Some of my fantastic memories growing up, and even as an adult, involved watching the Olympics on TV.
“I was just in awe of these athletes and my family, we would sit together for hours watching these men and women perform feats of endurance, speed and grace that would have us cheering at the top of our lungs.”
The First Lady said she and her brother hoped that they would one day achieve something “just as great” for themselves.
Michelle Obama also told the athletes the Olympics were particularly special to her family because of her father’s battle with multiple sclerosis, she said: “My father contracted MS in the prime of his life, but he retained the love of sports, and the Olympics was a special time for him.”
Talking about her drive to get America fit, Michelle Obama urged the athletes to think about the children that will be watching them across the Atlantic.
She said: “You just never know who you are going to inspire, you just never know.
“You are certainly inspiring me every day. I still have those same feelings of pride, excitement and wonder, so being here is other-worldly for me.
“I am still so inspired by all of you.
“This summer, people across America are going to be supporting Team USA and not just by cheering you on from our living rooms, but by striving to live up to the example that you have set.”
Michelle Obama is a passionate advocate of healthy living and later on this morning will be hosting a Let’s Move event for British and American school children alongside David Beckham.
And her day of events will conclude with a reception at Buckingham Palace for heads of state and then a visit to East London and the Opening Ceremony of the 2012 Olympic Games.
The style conscious First Lady is a walking advertisement for good eating and exercise and takes every opportunity to showcase her gym honed arms in demure but sleeveless outfits.
And fashion fans are hoping she will take this opportunity to showcases some of her signature preppy looks.
On a recent promotional jaunt for her gardening book American Grown: The Story of the White House Kitchen Garden and Gardens Across America, Michelle Obama changed outfit three times in one afternoon.
Speaking of her visit to the Olympics and her continuing ant-obesity campaigning Michelle Obama has said: “Olympians and Paralympians are true American heroes and role models for all of us, especially our young people.
“And I know that this delegation will help inspire a generation of young people to get into the Olympic spirit by getting active and healthy so they can reach their fullest potential and reach their dreams.”
Related search articles:
- yoga pants tgp
- Powered by Article Dashboard Sign Up for a free account -forum college football player
- Powered by Article Dashboard Sign Up for a free account -forum baseball teams
- سكس 20013
- Powered by Article Dashboard Sign Up for a free account -forum baseball glove
- house new sweriztland 33 bus city
- sheer yoga pants videos
- Breast falls out of dress at Olympics
- pantyhose wardrobe malfunctions
- british airways stewardess scandal
- Powered by Article Dashboard Sign Up for a free account -forum golf training miami
- snopes barack obama vacation
- monica lewinsky wardrobe malfuction
- Hilarious and Awkward Olympian Wardrobe Malfunctions (Too Funny!)
- Powered by Article Dashboard Sign Up for a free account -forum ncaa football rankings
- psychics will obama be impeached
- bentover models
- aa flight
- afica call girl in dubai
- 17 yr old models
- hostess going out of business repots on pros and cons
- 24 Karat gold limited edition Barack Obama
- young teen see through pics
- ajith in casual blazer
- 60 day fitness challenhe
- Sandy Hook dead girl and obama photo
- rapper the game meal plan 60 day challenge
- sandy hook not actually shot pic with Obama
- president with sandy hook kids after shooting
- powered by SMF tech playing video games coworkers desk top goes down
- powered by SMF 2 0 naval training center
- picture of obama house in chicago
- pictures of children that have been killed
- Powered by Article Dashboard preseason football
- skimpy vids
- young thailand body kids
- mom slow rasing dress tohow panyiesvidios
- tube8 com/compilacion matumbo
- Powered by Article Dashboard Sign Up for a free account -forum preseason football rankings
- really felt good uniform latex
- saxiy online movie no surrfing in hindi
- victoria beckham hairy arms twitter
- xnxx 1996 irap
- victoria beckham bunion picture
- www xnxx babys amarican com
- www xhxx coMامريكا
- wardrobe malfunc compilation
- were flags flown at half mast for chris kyle
- what kind of speech impediment does lazaro arboshave on american idol
Short URL: http://www.bellenews.com/?p=22019