Kate Middleton must show reverence to the blood princesses, according to new Order of Precedence
According to newly-updated “protocols” approved by Queen Elizabeth II, Duchess of Cambridge has been placed firmly down the royal pecking order.
A document is said to have been circulated privately in the Royal Household, clarifying Kate’s status.
Despite being the future Queen herself, as a former commoner, the once Kate Middleton must apparently show reverence to the “blood princesses”.
This means Kate is expected to curtsey to those born royal, such as Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie – both in public and in private.
The rule only applies when her husband, Prince William, is not present.
Royal observers suspect Kate will not mind the new rules as she is keen to please everybody, but Prince William may be less happy.
In the case of the Countess of Wessex, it is she who will have to curtsey to Kate – even though she is a generation older and is married to the Queen’s son, Edward.
This is effectively Sophie’s second “demotion”, having been pushed down the list in 2005 after Prince Charles married Camilla, and finding she was expected to curtsey to the Duchess of Cornwall.
The complex new rules come in a little-known edict entitled the Order Of Precedence Of The Royal Family To Be Observed At Court, which the Queen has updated to take into account Prince William’s wife.
When Prince William is with her, Kate does not need to bend the knee to either Beatrice or Eugenie.
But she must always curtsey to the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh, the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall, whether Prince William is present or not.
The thorny question of how Kate would fit into the UK’s first family has long been a subject of speculation among royal observers.
The Princess Royal, for example, is said to have refused to ever curtsey to Princess Diana or to Camilla, on the basis they were outsiders whereas she had given her whole adult life to royal service.
In an effort to avoid an epic battle of royal egos, the Queen drew up the first Order of Precedence in 2005, after Prince Charles married Camilla.
Its effect was to change the order along “blood lines” so that Princesses Anne, Beatrice, Eugenie and Alexandra – the granddaughter of George V – were all ahead of Camilla.
The etiquette, though arcane to some, is taken very seriously by the royals, who bow and curtsey to each other in public and behind closed doors.
The Order of Precedence affects other aspects of royal protocol too, such as who arrives first at an event. For example, Camilla was forced to wait in the drizzle outside the Guards Chapel, Windsor, for the arrival of Princess Anne at a memorial service in 2006, because Prince Charles had not accompanied her.
Royal historian Brian Hoey, an expert on court protocol, predicted when Prince William married Kate that: “Kate will take the rank of her husband, which means that when she’s at court, Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie should curtsey to her. But I don’t think there’s a chance they will.”
While Prince William feels warmly towards his cousins, Beatrice and Eugenie, he’s conscious of the fact that they are lesser royals.
“As future King, he will wish to see them behaving correctly towards their future Queen – but their attitude is likely to be: <<Why should I? I was born royal – Kate wasn’t>>.”
Related search articles:
- queen elizabeth resigns
- princess lodge nigerian movies
- in the prediction 2013 did prince harry will return to chelsy davy
- kate middleton reverence
- warren beatty annette bening family
- who is si robertson married to and are there pictures
- diana prince - uai abalos
- met art elizabetha hardcore
- duchess kate
- charlene baby 2013
- how to wear your dreads like future
- XNXX ROYAL
- beatrice von der schulenburg pictures
- xvidoes tuensia daoich
- prince harry and chelsy march 2013 news
- prince pierre casiraghi bulge pics
- royal protocols of europe
- Royal Protocol for Kate Middleton
- queentour 2014
- queen tour news 2013 2014
- princess charlene why not pregnant
- princess kate baby gender
- princesse révérence
- serena williams portugal husband
- zulu reed dance
- yasmin kahn net worth
- xvide condo movie 2001
- xnxx royal kings
- xnxx Princess Kate Middleton 12
- xmovies royal
- william robertson on adoption
- will smith father scene
- what is the gender of will an kates baby
- What brand of cosmetics and skin care does queen elizabeth or kate use?
- teenmodeling_tv _beatrice
- teen model Beatrice
- swedish royal couple wikipedia
- sixty minutes Real African Princess
- preteensin underwear and bras and panties
- pre teens in panties or bras
- exbii wife
- are there full frontal pics of harry on the web
- does kate bow to camilla
- did princes diana smoke cigarettes
- dian fake incest
- countess beatrice von der shulenburg
- countess beatrice von der schulenburg
- catherine herridge fox news marital
- british monarch kate middleton cant be crownd she not blue blood
- Beatrice Von Der Schulenburg photos
Short URL: http://www.bellenews.com/?p=20845