Trooping the Colour ceremony for Queen Elizabeth’s official birthday
Prince Philip appeared to be in good spirits as he attended the annual Trooping the Colour ceremony in honor of Queen Elizabeth’s official birthday.
The Duke of Edinburgh, who has resumed official duties after recovering from a bladder infection, attended the parade in London with the Queen.
Thousands of people watched the Prince of Wales and the Duke of Cambridge ride to the ceremony at Horse Guards Parade.
The military event came as the Queen’s Birthday Honours list was published.
Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip rode in a glass coach down the Mall to the ceremony. They were due to travel in Queen Victoria’s 1842 ivory-mounted phaeton carriage but this was changed due to the “unpredictable nature of the weather”, a Buckingham Palace spokesman said.
The coach, built in 1881, was first used by the Queen and Duke on their wedding day when they travelled from Westminster Abbey to the palace on 20 November 1947.
The Duke of Cambridge, who is Colonel of the Irish Guards and the Prince of Wales, who is Colonel of the Welsh Guards, were joined on horseback by the Princess Royal, Colonel of the Blues and Royals, and the Duke of Kent, Colonel of the Scots Guards.
The Duchess of Cambridge, Prince Harry and the Duchess of Cornwall travelled in a horse drawn carriage.
The parade was Prince Charles’ first public appearance since being awarded the highest rank in all three military services by the Queen.
The prince becomes a Field Marshal, Admiral of the Fleet and Marshal of the Royal Air Force. His appointment to the honorary five-star ranks recognizes his support for the Queen as Commander-in-Chief.
Also honored in the Birthday Honours list are actor and director Kenneth Branagh who has been knighted, ex-Olympic minister Tessa Jowell is made a Dame while Take That singer Gary Barlow is made an OBE.
Soul singer Omar receives an MBE for services to music, under his full name Omar Lye Fook, and Oscar-winning actress Kate Winslet becomes a CBE.
Thousands of people, including friends and family of those taking part, watched the precision marching by hundreds of Guardsmen.
Queen Elizabeth II, wearing her Brigade of Guards brooch, took the royal salute as senior members of the royal family looked on.
After the parade, thousands of well-wishers swarmed down the Mall to get into position in front of Buckingham Palace to see the royal family gather on the balcony for the flypast.
The Colour being paraded on Horse Guards this year is the flag of the 1st Battalion Coldstream Guards.
More than 1,600 officers and soldiers took part in the display.
More than 240 horses were be on parade, with 290 musicians who marched and played as one.
The traditional display of pomp and pageantry originated from traditional preparations of battle.
Colours, or flags, were carried or “trooped” down the rank so that it could be seen and recognized by the soldiers.
In the 18th century, guards from the royal palaces assembled daily on Horse Guards to “troop the colors”, and in 1748 it was announced that the parade would also mark the Queen’s official birthday.
The Queen’s actual birthday was on 21 April, when she turned 86.
During her reign, Queen Elizabeth II, who has recently celebrated her Diamond Jubilee, has attended Trooping the Colour every year except in 1955, when it was cancelled because of the national rail strike.
Related search articles:
- trooping the colour 2013
- jarno dmitrienko
- prince carl philip circumcised
- was prince exposing himself
- juego de angry birds season 20012 update revealed
- Jarno Aleksander Dmitrienko
- Amano Atsushi Dr
- 2013 trooping of the colors
- annual ceremony in honor of queen elizabeths birthday
- price of obamas parties
- 4 pic one word qween elizabeth police
- prince william buy bugaboo
- princess lilian reptilian
- Published News Upcoming News Submit a New Story Groups percent of deaf people that use sign language
- queen elizabeth swarmed
- queen elizabeths cottage
- Queen Elizabeths trooping of
- trooping of the colour 2013 - Video
- kids pantyhose parade
- trooping the colour 2013 official programme
- trouping of the colour 2013
- upskirt amphi university
- video of 2013 trooping the color
- old pregnant spankbang
- office opening ceremony rundown
- news trooping of the colour 2013
- Being watched by sister
- Brigade of Guards in honour of Queen Elizabeth\s official birthday
- daily news 4 pics 1 word
- duchess cambridge pregnancy weight gain
- elmo 400 pixels wide
- horse give women the business
- images olympic swimmer asaad dagher
- Irish girls in bikini
- is connected with the queen`s official birthday
- is prince carl philip circumcised
- janet hubert crotch
- allred killing wa
- 4-pics-1 word daily news
- 4 pics 1 word queen paper
- liz vargas meets doubles
- queen elizabeth birthday in 2012
Short URL: http://www.bellenews.com/?p=20543