How to brush your teeth properly
A European study has found that while almost all Swedes brush their teeth, only one in 10 does it in a way that effectively prevents tooth decay.
Here is the advice from the British Dental Health Foundation:
- Place the head of your toothbrush against your teeth, then tilt the bristle tips to a 45 degree angle against the gum line. Move the brush in small circular movements, several times, on all the surfaces of every tooth.
- Brush the outer surfaces of each tooth, upper and lower, keeping the bristles angled against the gum line.
- Use the same method on the inside surfaces of all your teeth.
- Brush the chewing surfaces of the teeth.
- To clean the inside surfaces of the front teeth, tilt the brush vertically and make several small circular strokes with the toe (the front part) of the brush.
- Brushing your tongue will freshen your breath and clean your mouth by removing bacteria.
Related search articles:
Short URL: http://www.bellenews.com/?p=20136