Walmart heiress Alice Walton is the wealthiest woman in the world, according to Wealth X list
Walmart heiress Alice Walton has topped the list of female billionaires with a net worth of $29.8 billion.
Her sister-in-law, Christy Walton, is taking third place.
Alice Walton, 62, the daughter of Walmart founder Sam Walton, managed to topple Australian mining magnate Gina Rinehart off the top spot thanks to Walmart stock trading at a 12 year high.
Christy Walton, 57, who inherited her husband John’s stake in Walmart after he died in a plane crash in 2005, has a worth valued at $28.2 billion, according to the Wealth X list.
In 2007 the Walmart family’s worth was the same amount as the bottom 30% of Americans, according to economist Sylvia Allegretto from the University of California-Berkeley.
When she was about ten years old Alice Walton invested in her first piece of art and this interest led to her spearheading the Walton Family Foundation’s involvement in developing Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.
Alice Walton has spent over $300 million building an American art museum in Arkansas with the facilities alone costing more than $100 million. She was briefly married when she was in her twenties.
Champing at Alice Walton’s heels is Gina Reinhart, who is valued at $29.1 billion.
Gina Reinhart, 58, is the daughter of late iron-ore mining magnate Lang Hangcock, who is credited with discovering giant deposits of iron ore in the 1950s that now make up Australia’s largest export base.
Due to commodity prices and successful projects Gina Rinehart’s wealth has grown by an unprecedented $18 billion this year alone.
Gina Reinhart, a widow dubbed “The Iron Lady”, is in the middle of a financial feud with three of her four children over a $18 billion family trust.
Earlier this year an Australian High Court rejected Gina Reinhart’s bid to suppress details of the legal battle.
The fourth richest woman in the world is French L’Oreal heiress Liliane Bettencourt, who has an estimated wealth of at least $24 billion.
Liliane Bettencourt, 89, is the only child of Eugene Schueller, who founded the cosmetics company and died in 1957.
Swedish born Birgit Rausing takes the fifth spot with a net worth of at least $13.8 billion from her shares in packaging giant, Tetra Laval, which was founded by her father-in-law.
Birgit Rausing, 88, is widowed and lives in Switzerland.
Related search articles:
- george kotsiopoulos net worth
- emma walton topless
- emma walton sunday sport
- Published News Upcoming News Submit a New Story Groups back on my feet again
- woman handcuffed
- sunday sport emma walton
- alice walton ex husband
- alice walton lesbian
- xvidoes mansa ban
- walton sisters walmart
- princess grace upskirts
- arturo keller fortune
- snopes Alice Walton
- alice walton rumors
- kris humphries salary 2013
- Billionaire Wissam Al Mana
- china cruel women
- emma walton daily sport
- sales price for the Richard Zanuck house
- princess kate black pumps
- netherlands body dump google earth
- list of world heiress
- Mahommoud Abbas net-worth
- miramar woman killed Ava
- mistress jezebel sanantonio
- mrs christy walton serious condition 2013
- who was alice Walton married to?
- norm crosby
- pregnant woman shot in Texas
- walton mansion national city
- swiss teen16
- worth of walton sisters
- worlds richest lawyer
- womens sub way touched america
- who was alice walton married to
- who is alice walton married to
- who is alice l waltons husband
- Whats wrong with Cat Power the singer?
- what is chuck hagels net worth?
- wealthiest woman in their twenties
- waltons upskirt
- Walton girls lesbian videos
- walton family ranch madison county ar
- walmart Walton sister
- walmart upskirt pics
- vanessab nsw milf
- tennis sony 2013 upskirts
- sylvia esther gordillo net worth
- youtube the angriest woman in the women guiness book if record
- kendall and kylie net
Short URL: http://www.bellenews.com/?p=19814