Rosehip oil, the secret ingredient for a supermodel complexion
Supermodel Miranda Kerr can afford the costliest products on the planet, but last week she revealed that her luminous skin is all down to a slick of rosehip oil.
“I put it on at night and I wake up glowing,” Miranda Kerr said.
Derived from the wild rose bushes that grow high in the Chilean Andes, where the altitude and pollutant-free environment produce the highest quality rosehips, the oil’s benefits have been known by the indigenous population for hundreds of years.
Extracted from the seed of the fruit, it makes an anti-ageing oil that’s more potent – and far cheaper – than the more well-known face oils, such as rose otto.
So just why is it such a wonder oil? Not only is it rich in vitamin C and high in omega 3 and 6 fatty acids, known to heal scar tissue, it’s also a great source of retinoic acid, which studies show reduces the appearance of wrinkles and brightens skin.
This combination means that it’s particularly good for fine lines and pigmentation problems – two of our most common skin complaints.
Another key benefit is its ability to sink into skin without leaving a greasy finish, a common gripe with many facial oils that you can apply only at night for fear of shiny cheeks.
“Rosehip is a dry oil, so it penetrates to the deepest layers of the skin where it regenerates skin cells, producing more collagen and elastin,” explains aromatherapist Denise Leicester, founder of organic skincare brand Ila.
“It’s so light, you can even apply a small amount over make-up to perk up tired office skin, yet it is so moisturizing that studies prove it reduces the appearance of scars and burns, too.
“My inbox is buzzing with women who’ve recently had surgery who say their scars have dramatically reduced after using rosehip.”
It is results like these that prompted Kate Middleton’s facialist, Deborah Mitchell, to add rosehip oil to her signature LIA therapy treatment, which is also a favorite of Gywneth Paltrow and Victoria Beckham.
“Rosehip is perfect for all ages and skin types, including those with sensitive skin conditions like rosacea and acne. I add a drop to moisturizer to boost the results – Kate loves it because it gives skin a luminous glow,” says Deborah Mitchell.
You can even do your own treatment at home.
“Mix 15ml of extra virgin olive oil with one drop of rosehip oil and apply to damp skin for an intensive night treatment,” advises Deborah Mitchell.
And if you’ve had a bad day, then drop a splash in your bath.
“Rosehip lifts your spirits. It releases endorphins that make you smile,” she adds.
Related search articles:
- victoria soto hoax
- the brand has been known since 1942 logo
- asda rosehip oil
- has roma downey gad a lot if facial work done
- rosehip oil for cellulite
- rosehip oil cellulite
- rosehip oil causes hormone changes
- rosehip oil bill clinton
- rosehip cellulite
- rose hip oil cellulite
- rosehip oil sold in montreal
- supermodel facial oil
- adult models Donna Carter
- virgin autopsy male
- what brand of rosehip oil does miranda kerr use
- what is organic lia therapy oil
- where can i buy rosehip oil in montreal
- where to find rosehip oil in houston
- rose hip and extra virgin olive oil reviews
- products with rosehip oil in ontario
- organic lia therapy oil
- bbs fat painsh long
- can rose hip oil help cellulite
- cellulite is rosehip oil work
- drops of rosehip oil on your underwear
- famous rosehip oil in malaysia
- is rose hip oil good for cellulite
- is rosehip good for cellulite
- is rosehip oil good for cellulite
- menopause wrinkles news
- miranda kerr face oil
- miranda kerr on rosehip oil
- miranda kerr rose hip oil
- miranda kerr rosehip oil
- miranda kerr rosehip seed oil
- net worth of brian mitchell boxer
- where to get rose hip oil in delhi
Short URL: http://www.bellenews.com/?p=19040