The Avengers breaks box office record with $200M
Superhero movie The Avengers has broken the record for the biggest US opening weekend, taking $200 million, early figures show.
The previous best opening weekend was Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2, which opened in July 2011 with $169 million.
Included in the top five of biggest openers are The Dark Knight and Spider-Man 3.
The Dark Knight, starring Christian Bale as the Caped Crusader, took $158 million in its opening weekend in 2008, while Spider-Man 3 took $151 million.
Both superheroes will once again be seen on screen during the summer.
The Avengers, directed by Joss Whedon, failed to beat the final Harry Potter’s first day takings record of $91 million but surpassed it over the following two days.
No other big films dared go up against it, with only the British film The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel being released on the same day.
The Avengers has so far taken $641 million worldwide.
Related search articles:
- zwembalkons price
- Weekend Today show new weather girl
- tim haynes calgary
- si Roberson military record
- record tuna in cal
- powered by SMF gerald ford s vice president
- philippine women university office staff hiring
- mark zuckerberg taos
- lauren scruggs on kourtney and kim take miami
- does melanie martinez have a record contract?
- DANGLING HEELS OFFICE GALLERY
Short URL: http://www.bellenews.com/?p=19017