Princess Charlene unable to get pregnant as part of a “deal” with Prince Albert of Monaco
Princess Charlene, the wife of Prince Albert of Monaco, has become “depressed” at her failure to provide her husband with a legitimate heir, it was claimed yesterday.
Charlene Wittstock, 33, is said to have struck a “deal” with the principality’s playboy ruler to bear him a child after she tried to flee before their wedding last summer.
The South African is now unable to get pregnant, France’s Voici magazine reported.
Prince Albert has already fathered two love-children, but neither can succeed him as they were both born out of wedlock.
Voici magazine said: “Charlene has made the subject of pregnancy a taboo topic around the Royal palace.
“She might have a smile on her face at official functions, but inside she is stressed and frustrated.
“This subject is weighing more and more heavily on her shoulders.”
Rumors of a rift and a “pregnancy pact” erupted even before the couple married in a lavish state wedding ten months ago.
Charlene Wittstock was said to have bolted for Nice airport two days before their wedding after hearing Albert had had a third love-child during their relationship.
Monaco officials were said to have coaxed her back by brokering a deal between the Prince and his reluctant bride that she provide him with a legitimate heir.
After that Princess Charlene would be free to leave of her own free will, it was reported last July.
One source said at the time: “Charlene will provide an heir, then if things don’t go well, she will receive a generous divorce settlement once she’s served a decent amount of time.”
Prince Albert of Monaco, 54, has one seven-year-old son Alexandre with Togolese air hostess Nicole Coste. He has another daughter Jazmin, 20, born after a brief affair with American estate agent Tamara Rotola.
Charlene Wittstock last year called suggestions that she was reluctant to marry “hilarious” on the Today show.
“Why would we go to all this effort, to have this fantastic couple of days, and have our most intimate and dearest friends come and join us, for us to be reluctant,” she said.
Prince Albert suggested the rumors might have been triggered by jealousy from people who “did not like the fact that we were finally together and married”.
He was apparently told on the day of his wedding that he would have to take a paternity test to determine whether he was the father of the third illegitimate child.
Charlene Wittstock, who was accused of trying to run away three times before she married, claimed the rumors were purely generated to sell magazines.
But she spoke earlier this year about her “loneliness” in Monaco, and added: “I only have two people I consider friends here.”
Before he met Charlene Wittstock four years ago, Prince Albert dated dozens of the world’s most famous and beautiful women, including Angie Everhart, Brooke Shields, and supermodel Claudia Schiffer. He also battled persistent rumors he was gay.
A Monaco government spokesman insisted that once he met Charlene Wittstock, Prince Albert knew he had finally found the woman he wanted to provide an heir.
The spokesman told France’s high society Point de Vue magazine last year: “Charlene has beauty and style, and we are all praying that she will ensure the royal succession in our principality.
“Albert has never settled down in the past, but knows that the time is now right to produce the next ruler of Monaco.”
Related search articles:
- Charlene Wittstock Pregnant
- Charlene and Albert Latest News
- princess charlene 2013
- princess charlene plastic surgery
- Princess Charlene Pregnant 2013
- charlene wittstock 2013
- princess charlene
- charlene wittstock
- charlene wittstock pregnant 2013
- is monica crowley married
- Charlene De Monaco Latest News
- princess charlene of monaco latest news
- Princess kate pregnant 2013
- charlene de monaco a st barth
- princess charlotte monaco pregnant
- princess charlene before plastic surgery
- princess charlene of monaco pregnant 2013
- prince albert charlene baby 2013
- nicole coste pregnant again
- charlene of monaco pregnant
- Latest On Albert and Charlene
- princess charlene pregnancy by in vitro
- mariah carey measurements 2012
- charlene de monaco pregnant
- princess charlene news 2013
- princess charlene latest news 2013
- princess charlene of monaco pregnancy
- charlene monaco pregnant
- princess charlene pregnancy
- charlene de monaco had a miscarriage
- princess charlene of monaco pregnant
- princess charlotte of monaco 2013
- charlene of monaco 2013
- charlene wittstock pregnancy
- charlene wittstock prince albert 2013
- princess charlene infertile
- Princess Charlene Pregnant 2012
- is princess charlene pregnant yet
- charlene grimaldi
- is charlene wittstock pregnant
- princess charlene baby 2013
- princess charlene of monaco news 2013
- charlene of monaco pregnant 2013
- princess charlene pregnancy 2013
- chyrlene chopra
- princess charlene pregnant yet
- charlene de monaco pregnant as of march 2013
- charlene pregnant
- charlene grimaldi pregnancy news
- racheal ray 2013
Short URL: http://www.bellenews.com/?p=18910